Sign in to follow this  
Steven Page

Tomb of the Iron God

As the first wolf hits Turleus, Oghram and Ibhram step out and fire longbows at the other four. Each hits with one arrow.

Drake and Dukkor move to cover the more vulnerable casters, and their steel is soon tested. One wolf gets by Drake's shield and bites hard (5HP damage). Dukkor swings on the wolf hit by Oghram and kills it. Big Bart misses with his great club, and feels teeth rip flesh (4HP damage). Amaryxes comes to the aid of the cleric, smashing down with his staff for a solid blow. Turleus manages to fend off his attacker as both try to gain advantage. Valley charges the remaining wolf dealing a mighty blow with his axe. The wolf draws back yelping in pain and rage.

ONE WOLF DOWN. FOUR TO GO. PM YOUR ACTIONS.

Amarixes backs off and allows the fighters to finish the remaining wolf.

Turleus kicks dirt in the face of the wolf that attacked him, steps back and flings a hand axe with good result. Ibhram and Oghden drop their bows, draw sword and dagger, and finish Turleus' wolf.

Drake continues to keep the wolf away from Amaryxes. Dukkor slashes and misses at the wolf menacing Big Bart. It turns and lunges at him (2 HP damage). Big Bart sees an opening and smashes his club down on the wolf closest to Drake, wounding it severely. Valley winds his axe, and hits the same beast. Frenzied, the wolf snaps at the elf (2 HP damage).

THREE WOLVES DOWN. TWO TO GO. PM ACTIONS,PLEASE.

Turleus scrambles back toward the main group, throwing a dart into the chest of the pursuing wolf. Amaryxes takes one from his pouch and does as well. Though Big Bart misses the animal with his club, Dukkor finishes it with a sword thrust.

Valley, now an enraged elf, shows teeth to his attacker, but swings high with his axe. Drake, still bleeding from his wound, steps in and beheads the wolf. All of the beasts are now still.

Oghram and Ibhram return their weapons to the scabbard, and begin to attand the wounds of their companions. Ibhram asks to see the toungue of each wounded man and elf, indicating he sees "No sign of the madness. This is good".

SEE THE GATHERING FOR NOTES.

Oghram and Ibhram return their weapons to the scabbard, and begin to attand the wounds of their companions. Ibhram asks to see the toungue of each wounded man and elf, indicating he sees "No sign of the madness. This is good".

Cleaning the blood off his sword, Dukkor looks up at Ibhram and asks "What is this madness you speak of?"

"Yes, I agree. Is there some disease going around among the animals in these parts?" I say in response to Dukkor's question. As I ask I bandage up anyone I can, the most seriously injured first (I'll use First Aid if I can). "Is anyone seriously injured?" I ask hinting that I will use a cure if needed.

RM

Ibhram gestures around his open mouth, "The foaming... madness. I have seen dogs, and men bitten by diseased wolves, that could not control their nature. The poor wretches were beyond redemption. By the Grace of the Prophet, that is not the case here."

Jake rubs his leg near where the wolf bit him and chuckles "Add one more scar to these bones. I'll be fine for now."

After which I will bandage up my wound.

He stands up and makes his way to the wolf carcasses "I heard that these things pelts could bring extra coin. Any one familar with how to tell if they are any good?"

"Beware, I heard that some rages could turn you to an Elf", suggest Valley with an ironic smile. "Now, we must rest there and meditate about what we done. Killing has a sense. And if you don't think it make sense, wolves don't attack like this. They've been sent on us! That's another point we muts medidate about."

With a nodn, he finish: "Wine helps to meditate".

Turleus nods his thanks to Oghram and Ibhram for bandaging his wounds, then goes to see if he can pull out the dart he threw out of the dead wolf. "I thought the same thing Jake." He'll pull out a knife and after bending down to examine each wolf's pelt begins skinning the one's that are not too badly lacerated. He piles the pelts up. He'll use some rope to affix a few to his 10' pole before hoisting it over his right shoulder. He'll tuck his handaxe back into his belt, and pick his longbow back up in the left hand.

When they break for camp, he'll hunt out some firewood. He'll set up a simple wooden frame and hang the pelts on it. He'll help set up a fire. He'll take second watch, and take the time to occasionally scrape some ashes away from the fire to cool, he'll cover the meaty sides of the pelts with ash.

Ibhram points the group eastward, and after two hours, a stand of trees is sited. A nearby stream provides water. Camp is soon set, and the preparing of wolf hides continues. Oghram asks, "Anyone want to join me in fishing?" as he walks toward the water, bearing a net and his bow.

Ibhram points the group eastward, and after two hours, a stand of trees is sited. A nearby stream provides water. Camp is soon set, and the preparing of wolf hides continues. Oghram asks, "Anyone want to join me in fishing?" as he walks toward the water, bearing a net and his bow.

Amarixes settles down after tending to the fire and watches the fire and those who go fishing.

"I join you too. I was on thefishing boat called "Lady of the Sea" and was taught how to throw a net pretty well. "

Jake stands and gather up his sword and shield.

"Maybe I'll give you 2 a few pointers." I give a chuckle and then light my pipe off an ember from the fire.

Dukkor settles in by the fire, "Ah..I've been called many a thing in me time...fisherman not being one of them. I think I'll stay by the fire."

Sitting down, Dukkor keeps his shield and sword close at hand.

Even thou the company of the new party is welcome. Bart declines & sits by the fire. Opening up a wineskin & taking a few sips. It seems that more & more as the days go by I find myself putting something to my lips to numb the pain.

As Dukkor starts talking (I'm assuming that he'll start conversation) my thoughts drift off to a lonely unnamed dungeon to the east where a intrepid group of young adventures gear up to go after fortune & glory.

"Hey Bart! Nice shield! I see you took MY advice & paint our symbol on it." a young warrior says, wiping a large great blade, that shines in the sunshine.

"Yah that is nice, but I think you have it all wrong, Ballor, it was MY idea!" a woman in just a simple robe wielding just a simple staff says. A small book hangs at her side.

"No, no no you both have it wrong it was MY design & MY idea for the shield, besides I paid for the darn thing!" says a slim man with a fine goatee & fine features. He is wearing leather that looks well oiled. A pair of fancy daggers sits on his hips.

"Bah! no one gives the dwarf credit for anything in this party!! I do not know why I even joined up with this lot!!" a old dwarf, whose beard is full white, with a large double bladed battle axe over his right shoulder. He is dressed in chainmail that glisten in the mid-day sun.

"Yed, Grimdor, it was your idea, but it was Ahlyssah's colors & it was Ballor's idea to place it on a shield. Now Shandor I don't want to leave you out either. your right it was your personal stash of gold that put the whole thing together & well since I was the only person in this "rag-tag party" to have a shield, I guess you could say that bit is my contribution, ha ha." I say to the gathered party."

HA ha ha the entire party laughs out loud. The comadarie shared by the group is heartfelt & geniune.

"Yah, well I guess I did use some of my rich daddy's cash on that thing. Not like we won't miss it after we get back from here." Shandor says.

"Alrighty then, now lets get serious............." says Ballor the warrior, the leader of this group.

"........for once." laughs Ahlyssah, a wizard.

"Yah well. Seriously thou, we know why we are here & what lies in that dungeon. We go in there, we clear out the orcs that have claimed it as their lair & we recover the temple's relic & then we get paid afterwards. Simple, anyone can do it. We just happen to be the anyones that came through town. Anyone got a problem with that?" smiles the warrior.

no one says anything.

"I didn't think so.............Redhawks Attack!! yells the young warrior holding his great-sword high in the air.

"AGHHH" Bart & the rest of the party shout into the air. A ritual the party has done before every dungeon that they've encountered, it helps them bond. They'll need all the help they can get being that this is their first real dungeon, their first real test........................."

Bart comes out of the day-dream (coming out at the first signs, like combat or even talking). With a look on his face of sadness & worry, his eyes a bit puffy & watery. Wiping them, Bart stares into the fire.