Sign in to follow this  
Steven Page

Tomb of the Iron God

Ibhram looks Heavenward, then at the cave entrance. "Come, my friend, it is time." He races to the cave mouth, looking back to see that Amarixes and Oghden follow him. Oghden leads the donkey into the mouth of the cave, keeping the sturdy beast quiet.

The cave mouth is a short passageway that almost immediately expands into a larger chamber. Moving in from the south, Turleus sees an area of 50x50 feet, with passages leading off to the north, northeast and east. The ceiling is natrural stone, with stalactites, towering twenty feet above the floor. The floor is water-cut stone, though many of the stalacmites have been broken down. Mundane rubish covers much of the floor space, including barrel satves, broken boxes and numerous heavy sacks. There is a strong scent of urine and rot.

Amarixes follows Ibhram, shaking his head and resolving to himself to detemine the sanity of his compatriots BEFORE heading out...

Is the scent coming from one of the passages or just the crap lying around?

Turleus tries to wend his way through the rubbish, shifting anything that he can't avoid with the butt of his pole. He makes his way to the mouth of the eastern tunnel, and pauses to listen there.

Bart anticipates the worst & follows.Looking into the piles with his eyes, while keeping watch up ahead. As I walk along I utter a soft prayer to my deity for protection of the party versus the kobolds & whatever else might be living down here. Club in hand, ready to strike whatever might come upon us.

I too will make my way in. I will keep my eyes forward as well looking for any obvious path the the kobolds might have taken.

(sword and shield at the ready)

Some samll mundane rats scurry away from any movement by the group, but as Turleus and Gwynned move to the eastern passage they hear the sounds of footsteps moving away from them..

YOU HAVE THE INITIATIVE, SHOULD YOU WISH TO PURSUE.

The first two rocks sail over the head of the fleeing kobold, but the third one hits him between the shoulder blades. He turns and throws a dagger at Drake, bouncing it off his shield.

How dark is the passageway/tunnels?

Can I see the passageways/tunnels clearly?

Unless you have a source of light, they are very dark. Without a source of light, you can see almost nothing. Unless you are an elf...or orc...or kobold...or balrog:-).