Sign in to follow this  
Neartea

Scanner problems

I was wondering if some of you who usually post using a scanner could get me some help on how to set it up to get clear pictures of minis.  I have tried changing the DPI, but have been unsucesIsful.  My pictures are blurry.  I don't really know what else to try.

I have a digital camera, but it is low migapixels, and I am unable to get a good picture of it too.  Again too blurry to focus close enough to the mini.

Thanks for what ever help you can give!

Hate to say it, but I'm not much help.  I have been using my scanner to post of late because the light seems to capture a truer image of the paint colors than I've been able to achieve with my camera.  I have read that it's usually a good idea to "box in" the mini you're scanning with white foam core or the like.  The idea being that you reflect as much light back in toward the mini as possible.  I've had some success without doing that but I've been meaning to try it.  Sorry, that's not much help...   :down:

If you have a photo editing program (picture publisher, photoshop, adobe graphics, whatever.....) take the image to it after scanning.  Then follow many of the same recommendations as for the photos themselves.

Play a little with the contrast and brightness, this should help some, then use whatever sharpen is available in same program (in picture publisher this is under effects, for example), again, toy with it, see what works best for you.

When I start doing listings again, if I'm not having better luck with the digital cam, then I will be doing all the close up's with the scanner, as all of my past images have been done this way, and leave the camera for "environmental" shots of the minis. :)

HTH

Orchid - who's sorry if she's babbling, the other half brought me home a head cold for the weekend :glare: , medication, ya know   :oo: