Sign in to follow this  
cutebutpsycho

Chronscope minis we'd like to see thread 2

I'd like to see:

- a jet pilot with crash helmet, parachute, etc...

- Cops in riot gear.

- Cleanup crews in Hazmat suits.

- The title character from "The Man In the Iron Mask."

- A guillotine with executioner.

- A corporate "Fat Cat" sitting in a big padded chair smoking a stogie. An alternate head with devil horns could work too.

- A Lovecraftian professor sitting in a big padded chair with a pipe and a disturbing book in his lap.

- An Angel of Rock n' Roll (i.e. with a guitar).

- The corresponding Devil with a guitar. They could duel.

- An IMEF marine with a "harness gun." That is, a large gun mounted on a harness that the marine wears like a steadicam. Think Vasquez.

- A Napoleonic cavalry officer in a cuirass firing a pistol.

• Like 3

I'd settle for an IMEF Marine who is actually shooting his rifle! Or even ready to shoot.

Never gonna happen. IMEF is just that good.

• Like 2

A flashy Roy Rogers era Hollywood cowboy and cowgirl.

A kappa (Japanese monkey/turtle demon).

A near-future soldier with powered exoskeleton.

Pulp era masked adventurers like not-Green Hornet and not-Kato.

Attractive female superhero like not-Power Girl, not-Black Canary, not-Ms Marvel.

A superhero family (father, mother, daughter & son) with matching costumes.

Female cat burgler with skin tight bodysuit, tool belt and military style night vision goggles.

Teddy Roosvelt in Rough Riders gear, with rifle.

Western Mountain Man with muzzle loader.

Not-Quigly Down Under style buffalo hunter.

A Mexican Luchador masked wrestler.

A (non-Marvel Comics) Thor with traditional Viking armor and big hammer.

• Like 2

Maybe a "Walking Eye" a la Johnny Quest or the Venture Bros.

Come to think of it, some generic henchman might be good. Especially if they're a little comic like the Monarch's or Syndrome's goons.

Edited by Paintergeist
  • Like 1

A giant Gila Monster. I need one or two for "The Day After Ragnarok."

Oh! Giant snakes would also be nice.

Edited by siefertma
  • Like 1

- A modern day bicycle courier might be useful.

- Cyber-punk "bystanders." You know, they're augmented with a few bits of technology (eye-implants and bionic limbs) but they're not street samurai by any means. They could be dressed like they walked off the set of Bladerunner. Include some NPC types like a local black market doctor, smuggler/dealer, and Club bouncer.

- A couch potato. Put him in a comfy chair with a bag of chips, soda, TV remote, and/or game control. Those could be optional arms.

- A person geared up for virtual interfacing: sitting in front of a PC with goggles and gloves wired to the monitor.

• Like 3

Paintergeist has some good suggestions, I'd definately pick up the bionic civis.

Since we're dipping our toes in the cyberpunk genre I'd loooooove to see some anime style 'net divers' ala the original Ghost In The Shell art by Masamune Shirow.

Why not some HR Geiger inspired monsters?

• Like 3

A motorcycle sidecar with an A-Bomb. A gigantic Inuit on the motorcycle itself would also be awesome.

I was reminded of this character by the suggestion of a bicycle courier (Virtual Light led to William Gibson led to Snow Crash in my brain).

-Dave

Edited by dispatchdave
  • Like 4

- Some Industrial robots might be useful. The "single-large-arm-on-a-base" kind like you see in car factories or that Tony Stark had assisting him. They could have various tool or claw options.

• Like 5

A male and a female space elf. And by "space elf" I mean a figure with the physical features of a fantasy elf, but IN SPACE! I don't mean a product made by a company across the pond from a dark and grouchy future setting where there are only out-of-control police actions.

This came up when looking for miniatures for Ashen Stars, which features a race modeled on fantasy elves - slender build, pointy ears, flowing hair. Unfortunately, some time with Google revealed little beyond armored dudes with fancy guns and jet bikes.

Not what I was looking for.

What I'd love to see is an elf-like figure in a jumpsuit with a sci-fi weapon and equipment. Something that says "adventurer" rather than "soldier". Might also have some utility for folks looking for miniatures of other pointy-eared sci-fi races.

• Like 3

- Some Industrial robots might be useful. The "single-large-arm-on-a-base" kind like you see in car factories or that Tony Stark had assisting him. They could have various tool or claw options.

Have you seen Bruce's new molds? (at the bottom, #'s 328, 329, and 330)

• Like 2

Very interesting. However, I might be more inclined to buy just a few robot minis for say $20 than a whole robot casting kit. But that's just me.

Also, I find those robots to be a bit cute for my taste. It would be nice have have some realistic ones, too.

Edited by Paintergeist
  • Like 1