Twitter - do you use it?

Rastl

Twitter has been in a lot of news stories lately and at least one person's blog whom I follow did a 'Twitter style' update about his day.

So what's the deal here? Have people found it useful to keep in touch? Is it downright annoying?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use it, but a couple of blogs I read daily claim to use it. I had never heard about it until they started talking about it. Heck, I barely log on to my Facebook and Myspace pages. Why in the world do I need another platform I won't use? Besides, here is what I suspect will happen: Twitter will be the "new thing" until the next "new thing" comes along. First it was Myspace, then Facebook, and now Twitter. Snooze.

Wild Bill :blues:

Bah, in my day the only things that twittered were the birds. And that's what all this newfangled social networking stuff is, for the birds.

Seriously, I haven't used it, but that's just because I don't feel that it's necessary to broadcast everything I do or think on the Internet. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my blog and MySpace.

I was kind of pondering it for the odd things that pass through my mind but aren't worth a full blog post. That is, if I knew anyone who was using it and would be willing to be the recipient of the odd things that pass through my mind but aren't worth a full blog post.

Mr. Rastl and I are discussing changing our phone plans over to ones that have web services so Twitter becomes slightly more accessible than it would be for me now.

We're still in the discussion phase. He's having trouble with the question: "What do you want to do with web services on your phone?" I think that's a pretty basic question.

Nope, nor Facebook, MySpace, or anything else. I do use DeviantArt, but my journal entries are rarely about my personal life and I don't update them all that often.

I just don't have this desire to post my personal life on the internet for all to see.

I use it, mostly to people-watch. However, I also have the RSS feed from my Twitter account show up on two of my sites, so I can update at will through a simple text message.

We're not allowed to use the internet for personal reasons where I work - as a webmaster. It's nice to be able to use my phone for things from break.

I also keep up with an old friend, and follow a few performers/actors whose work I like.

Pffft... I don't even know what the hell Twitter is.

I had a blog once for a bit.

I quickly discovered my innermost thoughts are best kept in my head so they don't scare people who claim to be my friends...

I have never understood why people think that their lives are so interesting that the world needs to know when they take a leak or buy socks at the mall. :rolleyes: