WTF is this?

Sergeant_Crunch

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh... where's Flash Gordon and the Highlander when we need them?

Now I need mental-floss to get that out of my head before I go to sleep.

And Paintminion..was it REALLY necessary to remind me or anybody else of Zardoz? *thwak*

I remember this from Saturday morning T.V. here in the UK - lets see, I'd have been about 15ish and probably only started watching it because of the music. It was quite good in a pre-manga and Power Rangers kind of way. You have to remember that us Brits liked stuff like Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Stingray, Terrahawks, Fireball XL5, Supercar and my personal favourite - Joe 90 (I'm gonna have the theme tune to that one going round in my head all day!).

I wonder if you can get it (Starfleet) on DVD - my son would like it.

Starfleet is gonna save our souls? Hmmmm, the 80's was well known for it's cults...but really, disembodied heads went out with Zardoz.

I can't believe I missed Sue's Zardoz reference the first time I saw this thread.

Drew, the puppet stuff definitely has it's purposes in this household; especially as it relates to miniature terrain fabrication / ideas ::D:

• Super Administrators
I don't know what you are all talking about. That was the best 4 minutes and 33 seconds of my life!

I'm with you, dar: that was transcendant in it's stupidity - committed to its own reality. And I, for one, salute my disembodied overlords.

I have to agree with Dargrin and Kit, this really brought the 80s back for me. :lol:

And, Spike, yes, Paintminion was obligated to remind us all about Zardoz. I mean, seriously,

we're talking about Sean Connery here. :devil:

Sorry, the one true ring of power is sitting on my paint table and making me type.

(bad evil, bad)

DRG

• Super Administrators

You can never get enough Zardoz. Or Sean Connery. Or Sean Connery in Zardoz. With a... gun.

20090325-gemgbb4ucdkxasf6jniyrh6bge.jpg

That which has been seen can never be unseen.