Darksword Female Sorceress

Valloa

She's so beautiful! Excellent paint job!

The sheer effect is awsome! (never tried it myself)

I've always liked this sculpt.

But, the one thing I keep asking myself is, how in the world is her dress staying up? :devil:

Well she is a sorcress so she's gotta have SOME utilitarian spells at her command. I certainly wouldn't dare that dress without one! ::D:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic work. The sheer effect is awesome - I've tried to do it but never pulled it off. Do you know of a tutorial?

Here's One, more of a description: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?...cking&st=15 and another http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?...2&hl=cersei

The best tutorial is practice. :) Go snag yourself some references from Google, a nice mini and paint! It's not that hard once you figure out how sheer looks (whether you want wet T sheer or dry fabric sheer) and practice. Really don't be afraid of it there is always the stripper pot if you aren't happy with the results. I'm doing up another mini with the same effect right now so if folks want I can make a tutorial wip out of it.

Maya~

Simply fantastic! Love the sheer effect.

I can't tell if it is the sculpt or the picture, but her forearms and hands look rather skeletal in comparison with her shoulders and upper arms. Just wondering. The comment is not aimed at your painting but at the sculpt.

Simply fantastic! Love the sheer effect.

I can't tell if it is the sculpt or the picture, but her forearms and hands look rather skeletal in comparison with her shoulders and upper arms. Just wondering. The comment is not aimed at your painting but at the sculpt.

It might be the photo angles since she is delicate in the arms, but I don't see a marked "skeletal" look on the figure's forearms.

@Jabberwocky I'll post a wip thingee on the WIP boards then. :)

Maya~

NICE! Great sheer effect, makes it even better. Tops the other version if this mini I have seen by far in my opinion. I wouldn't really call 10 hours a speed paint but thats just me.

Heh for me it is. I normally spend 30+ hours on minis I paint for myself.

Maya~