Beowulfthehunter

I need Bald, muscular mins, you know Goliaths

With the release of the PHB2, I went and checked thorugh the Reaper site for bald minis without a beard or a gotee. There is none, or very few, as I am trying to create a Goliath Warden mini I find myself to be stumped. So does anyone know of any figures from other companies or perhaps figures I might have over looked.

Yeah, with Reaper, it's hard...just two, really...

3197: Thelgar...probabaly my best bet, though you might want to file down the tusks.

3271: Tanclar is a bit short for a goliath, but he's bald and muscley.

A number of the "Giant Barbarians" in Rackham: Confrontation's Barbarians of Keltios faction would be pretty easy to modify (the only hair they have is topknots, for many of them)...but you'd need to find them quick, since Rackham isn't producing metal anymore. They may also be a little large, but goliaths toe the medium/large line anyway, don't they?

Enigma also has a mini coming out soonish...Loratham I think is the name...I seem to recall him as bald, and quite muscular.

And, of course, if you just find a mini with a body you like, there's always this option from Reaper: 75010: Starter Heads. It's two whole sprues of completely bald heads! All you have to do is behead the original mini, add a pin and some glue, and Bob's your uncle!

Edit: minor typos

Reaper's 3260 Mingu Timur comes with three heads, one of which is a bald head with a goatee with a hole in the neck area for attatchment. So, you can still complete him with the helmet and get a nice, bald, goateed spare to add to your beheaded goliath body.

-Wesley

Lastly, look for an old Chainmail model which was the original Goliath y'all are talking about. I think it was called by another name however, but if you type in "Chainmail Miniatures" to ebay, you might get lucky and find it. I've got one, but I already converted it. Maybe someone has one and would be willing to part with it.

Chainmail mini....the stone child ??

FYI: the clay golem is approximately 1.5 inches tall and will barely fit on a 1 inch square base. I completely cut the base away on mine except for what is under his feet.

Stone Child. Dig. That's the one.

I've seen some amazing conversions and paintjobs of the Clay Golem into flesh and blood characters. Great model, that one.

How about using 02706: Clay Golem?

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/clay%...em/latest/02706

He is much bigger than average PC minis. Yet he is not quite as big as large creature minis of DDM.

I was going to say the same thing. I use this guy for all sorts of conversions. Mutants, super villains, monsters, etc. He's a great blank slate. I'm knee-deep in coverting two of them right now.

Lastly, look for an old Chainmail model which was the original Goliath y'all are talking about. I think it was called by another name however, but if you type in "Chainmail Miniatures" to ebay, you might get lucky and find it. I've got one, but I already converted it. Maybe someone has one and would be willing to part with it.

I am 90% sure my FLGS still has at least one of those, but in a box set (they have a bunch of old Chainmail on a dusty shelf, which I occasionally raid). I am going there this weekend, if anybody would like me to check.

Bruunwald we park our cars in the same garage. I often buy at least two of a model I like knowing I'll convert them and make more that way. Get's expensive, don't it!!

02512: Tsuko, Male Monk

He's not 'large' by D&D standards but he's bald, very muscular, and looks pretty easy to convert if you need to change weapons. I'm painting this one up right now and I think it would be rather easy to cut the weapons from his hands put in some others.

With the release of the PHB2, I went and checked thorugh the Reaper site for bald minis without a beard or a gotee. There is none, or very few, as I am trying to create a Goliath Warden mini I find myself to be stumped. So does anyone know of any figures from other companies or perhaps figures I might have over looked.

Well, there was this really short guy I knew a few years back. If you could hold him still enough to get the primer on him...

Bruunwald we park our cars in the same garage. I often buy at least two of a model I like knowing I'll convert them and make more that way. Get's expensive, don't it!!

It does feel a little funny buying the same guy for the fifth time. Even weirder when I buy two more of them with immediate plans for only one, assuming one day I'll come up with something else for the other.

You should see my wife's expression when she sighs, "That one again?!"

But a good model is always inspiring. I just know there's another creature/character/whatever in there, and I love bringing it out.

Gungor looks like he would work too if you could get some weapons in his hands.

Bald muscular guys aren't too hard to find it seems.

The problem is big, bald, muscular women. Female Goliaths are going to require a little more conversion, I think.