another dark sword piece

pae

I really wish the Dark Sword peeps would give their minis names, so I don't have to keep calling them 'that dude' or 'that chick'.

Anyway, after starting on a piece for ReaperCon, then deciding to throw it away (but it was taken from me before it found the trash), I decided to paint up something else for fun instead. Nothing too terribly ambitious with this one, although I did put some freehand on it.

Kinda sloppy in spots, but meh. It's ok. Good enough for a weekend's effort.

DSM1151.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really beautiful color selection on this mini. Love the purple, but I'm really enjoying the unusual but nicely blended blue on the blades--it's exactly the color of some blued steel work done by one of my favorite makers of stage swords.

Are you honestly only teaching one class at reapercon? It makes me such a sad monkey. :down:

The work is beautiful once again. An inspiration. It does make me angry knowing you only worked on it for a weekend. :devil:

Thanks for sharing her with us!

Another mini that you painted, Phil? Did teh intartubes crash at your house or something?

Seriously, always happy to see your stuff. Even if you feel that she's not your best effort, she is still quite lovely. I love her bracers, pauldrons and plates around her waist. And I'm a sucker for purrple, so that never hurts. :;):

And you could just call her "Female Dual Wield Fighter from Elmore Masterworks Set #9". That's what Jim calls it. ::):

~v

Yeah, but a nice short name is easier to type.

Bigs--As for me teaching just one class at ReaperCon, well, Anne has other plans for me. Mostly it involves being chained in the contest room taking entries, photographing them, and being a general bouncer in there. That's Thursday and Friday, and then probably on Sunday letting people pick stuff up. Maybe she'll chain me to the demo table for a few hours Saturday or Sunday.

I've actually not been playing much WoW lately. I have two deathknights to 80 (one blood elf and one gnome, of course), and a hunter at 80 as well. My other 14 that are 70+ are scattered between 70 and 74. I still play a little bit, but I'm actually enjoying painting again, so I'm taking advantage of that. Of course, the meds help. :wacko: