Sign in to follow this  
Bren

Rhymaïss

So it was a while ago already that I posted the WIP from Rhymaïss. I have to admit I didn't paint a lot more on her, the base was enough work already :rolleyes:

Do you think there needs to be something extra on the base? Like a small pot or a tajine or something? Or is is busy enough already?

Thanks!

Brenda

post-4677-1238079991_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I think I'll go throw mine away now.

Absolutely beautiful, Bren. Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

The painting is gorgeous, and I know what you mean by busy. The eye gets a little lost from it, so if you add anything, I'd put a small animal, like a cat, or familiar sized model on the left front corner area, looking at the woman.

It would set the whole piece up I think, first to break up the floor a little, and second to offset the woman and the beautiful background.

Nothing too big like another full sized model or slave, although that could work too.

I wouldn't do this, but then again, I would never attempt anything like the wonderful job you did, but I think a water bowl and some water stains under that spigot would be nice.

Someone please tell me who manufactures that model? I went through five hunn'erd some pics tagged "female" in the Reaper store, and if it's there I missed her.

Thanks.

No, not plastic, resin. Beatiful job and its nice to see one done without the sheer cloth technique. And if you feel the need to see another version of her then visit the the DGA site. Marike Reimer took best in show with this piece. She has become quite popular I think Jeremie would be happy.

Phil, if you decide to throw your's away throw it in my trashcan. I'll bring it with me on Saturday.

Really is that resin? Very soft resin then. I'm not very experienced with resin, but all resin that I've seen was pretty hard...

And Marikes version looks nice...

Definitely resin, although the version I have is not particularly soft. Could be variations on the type of resin used and the climate.

My mind is reeling. That's absolutely awesome!

Love the tile work...did that just spring up as "the right look" or do you have photos you based your designs on? I'd love to see them if you do.

Beautiful...and I don't think you need a tagine, or samovar, or anything else...wow...

No I don't think she's on Battlefield Berlin, but you can buy her directly from the Kraken store I think. I bought her on a convention last year.

The tile work was indeed based on photos, but I combined a lot of them and changed some patterns to make it paintable on such a small scale.

One of them was this one:

Moroccan fountain

She's gorgeous, great convincing skin tones and nice warm golds. I don't think it needs anything else on the base, but I also don't think it would lose anything if you did add something like you mentioned since there is enough room there on her right to be sure.