Sign in to follow this  
Ghaz

Which technique to use?...

I'm wanting to recreate the paint scheme seen on this Sci Fi Aircraft and haven't quite decided which technique to use to replicate the striped pattern. I'm considering either drybrushing or stippling. Any suggestions as to which technique would be better for achieving the desired results? Thanks.

To me that looks almost airbrushed.

Wet blending might give you the effect you're looking for.

Opinion only: Stipling with many successive layers with paint as fluid as you are comfortable painting with. It does appear to have been airbrushed (or my eyes are foggy this morning and I'm incorrect), so dry brushing is going to generate more texture than stipling with controlled paint consistency.

Same opinion as Michael...thin paints and you should be able to blend at the edges pretty well.

I don't have my image software loaded on this machine, but from what I can see it looks as if it it was painted using a method of blending the grey and blue using thin layers. It resembles airbrushing, but given the scale and the way that the blending only covers certain surfaces, I'd say it wasn't.