Sign in to follow this  
Erk

CAV ships in star wars?

I read in the faq for CAV that their stuff is N-scale, so won't look right next to characters. I'm curious, though, what size the CAV 'real size' ships are, and how they look next to a 54mm25mm miniature. Do details like the cockpit etc. throw them off, or might they be usable for a SW SAGA game?

I don't know anything about SAGA, and I don't play CAV, but I do have some of the CAV true-N-scale ships...the Hedgehog APC is about 75mm long...an appropriate "pilot" for it would likely be 10mm or less in height.

I don't know anything about SAGA, and I don't play CAV, but I do have some of the CAV true-N-scale ships...the Hedgehog APC is about 75mm long...an appropriate "pilot" for it would likely be 10mm or less in height.

Saga's another 54mm standard RPG. That's a shame... those are lovely models.

There are very few CAV models that don't have obvious indicators of scale (N Scale or approx 12mm). Those that don't are generally better suited for use in 6mm games as large vehicles rather than use in larger scaled games.

Are you talking about the Star Wars Saga Edition RPG from Wizards? Because that defaults to 25mm like DnD 4e; and there's a lot more minis available for much less $$ in 25mm. I concur that standard CAV models will not look quite right in that scale unless you use them as large-ish droids.

-tom

Are you talking about the Star Wars Saga Edition RPG from Wizards? Because that defaults to 25mm like DnD 4e; and there's a lot more minis available for much less $$ in 25mm. I concur that standard CAV models will not look quite right in that scale unless you use them as large-ish droids.

-tom

Is it 25mm? I'm still learning the proper scale terminology. I assumed 54 because that was about how tall the mini I measured was... d'oh. [checks] and it turns out I was checking an unusually tall mini. /sigh/

Either way the CAV ships are gonna look too small.

A few of the CAVs like the Mantis for instance I'd say are usable as robots for any scale.

A few of the CAVs like the Mantis for instance I'd say are usable as robots for any scale.

Yeah, I've thought of getting one to see how it looks as a droid.... and just for the chance to paint one because it sounds fun.

OK, and because I just might try playing CAV. I love giant robots so very much.

I'd like to mention a good resource for your SWSE (Star Wars Saga Edition) stuff is the Good people at the Order 66 Podcast.

d20radio.com

On this Note if you listen to episode 63 of the Order 66 Podcast you may find a little surprise.... [/cryptic]

Yeah, I've thought of getting one to see how it looks as a droid.... and just for the chance to paint one because it sounds fun.

OK, and because I just might try playing CAV. I love giant robots so very much.

Please do, it's a great game.