Black lightning dicatator

Hello, I'm new to these boards, and I was wondering do you have to have the actual piece to use the Black Lightning Dictator (I think to recieve one you had to be a member of BL a while ago) or is it simply buy a regular dictator and a 70s, and just take the 70s guns and put them on the regular.  Thanks for your help, I am incredibly interested in using one of these some time.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tha Black Lightning Dictator is a peice you can only use if you have won a Black-lightning-run event, at which the BL Dictator was the prize.

The 70 Dictator has one damage track more than the BL Dictator, and, though its guns are named the same thing as the BL Dictator, they are not the same thing.  They have the same 0DT stats, but they have one more damage track and the degradation curve is different, I think.

I have no idea what Reaper was thinking, but hey, it's their game.

Unfortunately, there are now two different types of Gkw 14's.  The original ones - the ones that you see in AB - have 5 DT and may only be used if you have the accompaning certificate that you get when they're awarded to you by an AO at a CAV tournament.

The new ones have 6 DT and cost a bit more than the originals.  Not only that, but if you're going to put them on a Dictator, you're going to have to pay the additional 20% mod.  The Black Lightning Dictators don't have to pay that fee b/c they're considered to be test models that were factory built to use the 14's instead of their standard Gkw 12's.

Yes, but don't the rules for the BL Dictator (at least in army builder) say that you have to have the actual data card, not just a printed one to "officialy" use it?

That's true...

But, if you really gotta have a Regular Dictator with overdrivable Gkw-14s (almost-a-BL Dictator :p ), then a weapons swap may be your only alternative.

As I recall, the "got to have the certificate" thing was for tournaments only.  Back when they first came out players were encouraged to give them a try on their own to test out the concept of overdriving.

I think the weapons on the 70s Dictator are called something different to tell them apart, an extra "y" or something like that.  I don't have my book in front of me right now.

:angry:  :angry: So when are we getting overdriveable Maxim 1's? :angry:  :angry: Muahahahaha!

Actually, I toyed with 'overdriven' Maxim Ones a while back and came up with this:

Maxim Two:

Range 32" - damage just like a normal Maxim One

Overdriven mode - Range 40" +10/+4 +10/+3 +10/+2 +9/+2 +8/+2 +8/+1 +7/+1 +7/+0

Of course, this isn't official in any way, shape or form. It's just me doodling :o)

Oh and the Maxim Two... I made it somehting like 212 points.

As I recall, the "got to have the certificate" thing was for tournaments only.  Back when they first came out players were encouraged to give them a try on their own to test out the concept of overdriving.

I think the weapons on the 70s Dictator are called something different to tell them apart, an extra "y" or something like that.  I don't have my book in front of me right now.

You're thinking of the original Dictator's guns, the 12y's.  Both the BL and Dictator '70's cannons are Gkw 14s.

As for the certificates, yes, you have to have them if you want to use a BL Dictator in any official event.