Ilium City Guards

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like them, did you make their faces slightly different intentionally or did you want them identical? I like that their clothing is the same, since they're guards and that's their uniform, but maybe making them look like different people in the same outfit? You could also bend their arms to give them different poses, but idk if that's what you were after or not...

Really great paint jobs! I can't imagine making two minis the same, most of mine are accidentally the way they are! :P

Thanks for the comments. The sculpts weren't that great so I just slapped some paint on them. Thought about making them look like 2 different people but the area that they are from is very much Germanic with the blonde hair blue eyes thing cookin. For table top they work though. New stuff coming soon.

Oh man, I love the mud on the cloaks. I worked pretty long and hard to get a muddy cloak on one of my minis... I think in the end I came up with something not dissimilar, but yours is a lot more striking. Very sharp.

• Like 1

Holy moly! I'd forgotten about this thread. It rises from the dead! LOL

I used the Laurent Exposito Mas technique from the Miniature Mentor DVDs. Basically it's bestial brown watered down to almost a wash with 4-5 layers to build up the color. Then a little snakebite leather mixed 50/50 with the bestial brown. After that it's straight snakebite leather. Then you can make it as dark or as light as you want to.

Thanks for taking a look and reviving this one. I may take some better pics of these guys and post them to this thread later this weekend. (My Photo Fu has gotten stronger in 5 years!)

• Like 3

I was just watching the Miniature Mentor videos again the last couple days and then saw this thread pop up. So It was easy. ;)

No, no, no, no, no! You are supposed to take full credit and amaze everyone at your photographic memory so that we are all in awe of you! :devil: