Texas Secession and Reapercon

Steven Page

1.If mid-May find Reaper in the Republic" of Texas, rather than the "state" will we need a passport?

2. Will US money still be legal tender at the Asylum, or will newly struck gold coinage be the norm ?

3. If Shinercon gets out of hand, will people be deported to Georgia or Oklahama?

FOX and CNN have me worried..... :lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, come on, guys . . . I don't hate Yanks. Just picked up that saying while I was living in Mississippi, where you really are hated. And as far as lovely spouses go, heck, my wife is an import as well, from Oklahoma of all places. :unsure:

Packing the passport is not a bad idea. Bring your sidearm as well.

I married a Damn Yankee. Does that make one by proxy?

Naw! Ken't fault ya fer tryin' ta edumacate tha ignurent. Preach to tha heathern an' all dat. Tiz a far, far better thing...an' all, ya know.

Hey! Not all of us Yanks are bad, Johnnie Reb! ::D: I have a deep love for the south :wub: ... I just love the cold too much to live there! ::P:

I disagree. But what you fail to understand is that there is a difference between Damn Yankee and Northerner. Notherners can be tolerated and even liked after a suitable association (needed to assess Yankeeness :^).

Damn Yankees, on the other hand, should be shot on sight or at least deported back North if not worth the ammo to put them out of our misery. To hear them talk, they hate the South and everything was SOOOO much better up there anyway, they just do not possess the common courtesy to heed their own advice and take themselves elsewhere.

What's funny is that I live here, and this thread is the first I've heard of talk of secession.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that Fox and CNN are bored.

Also - Everything Anne said, I agree with.

Nothing like having a candidate for governor that wants to suceed to get the media's attention on a slow news day. He did, afterall, get 208,000 votes in the last election. Perhaps he can create is own enclave in the heart of Tx.

You should try coming to eastern OR. Oh wait, you'd have to bored out of your skull first to come here or commit a crime (in that case you'd barely see Ontario & go directly to the Snake River Correctional Institution some 9 miles west of us.) ::):

RM

What's funny is that I live here, and this thread is the first I've heard of talk of secession.

Chuck Norris mentioned it in a speech a few weeks ago, and said he would run for President of Texas if they did secede. The Governor of Texas mentioned it on Wednesday during one of the Tea Parties that were going on across the state. However, he stated that it would be incredibly unlikely it would happen. Although, the Oklahoma State Congress was toying with the idea 6-8 months ago. Instead, they passed a resolution telling the Feds to stick it. :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

Edited by wildbill