Sign in to follow this  
Steven Page

Texas Secession and Reapercon

Ok,

So a grocery deli and a hard to find local burger joint is all you guys got, thats not chain. I tried to find a good BBQ place last year but there didn't seem to be one. I'll keep my options open I guess.

Monkey

The only BBQ place was like a Gas station looking place that was only so-so, along I-35. I would like to know more.

Thanks Monkey,

I knew you could help me. Perhaps you could be persuaded to act as a local guide. I have been wanting to try German food and I like Mephis style BBQ, I like most any style of BBQ that comes from any place south of KC.

There's a decebt Thai restaurant in a mall with a Best Buy. Hopefully a local can give you more useful information than that if you think you'd actually like to try that one. I will also second Ron's recommendation of the Green House restaurant.

I know a great German restaurant, but it's in Ohio, so that won't help you much. As a vegetarian, I also can't help with BBQ. But I wish you good luck with your hunt nonetheless!

lol. Not a great deal, no, but there are a few things at that place I can eat. If nothing else, I'd go for the cream puffs as big as a baby's head!

I thought they would exclude each other a bit. The last time I ate at a german place, I ordered meatloaf and there was a sausage in the middle. Nothing vegetarian about that.

German vegetarian? Why does Hitler come to mind?

As for RCon food that's not Sonic, I like the Whataburger and Taco Bueno. I wish we had either around here.

BTW what's the difference between Signature Kroger and regular Kroger? Our regular one has a darn good deli and bakery, but no Starbucks in.

I thought they would exclude each other a bit. The last time I ate at a german place, I ordered meatloaf and there was a sausage in the middle. Nothing vegetarian about that.

Which is why I love German food.

If it's anything like the super Kroger that just opened near us, it's frickin' huge! You can do a workout walk in there just shopping. It's got a small selection of furniture and housewares, even a jewellery store. The ethnic food aisle is really cool. And there is a ton of ready to go food - a sushi bar, deli, salad bars, bunch of different stuff.