Awesome way to do a robbery

Maltique

This guy is a gamer... has to be!

http://www.foxprovidence.com/dpp/news/loca...0090422_2332574

Sword waving ninja attempts robbery

He was wearing a ski mask, a sword in

his belt

Published : Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 8:15 AM EDT

WEYMOUTH, Mass. (WPRI) - It was a very bizarre robbery attempt, according to police. They say that a man dressed as a Ninja used a sword in an attempt to rob a dry cleaner in Weymouth, Massachusetts.

A convenience store clerk called police Monday when she saw a man enter the store wearing a ski mask, with a sword hanging in a sheath from his belt. Police say the man pulled off his mask and asked her if she had called about him.

When the clerk told the man that she did call police, he left the store and walked into nearby Galaxy Cleaners.

Police say the man pointed his sword at the register and demanded all of the cash inside. The clerk told the man that she could not open the drawer, so the man turned around and left.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when does putting on a ski mask equate to dressing up like a ninja?

Besides, everyone knows that ninjas wear their swords on their back, not on their belt! :lol:

I have a gamer friend that wears a neoprene ski mask. That is as close as you can get to ninja I think.

Also, there are styles of Japanese sword that start with it on the waist. I can't think of the name, but it's there.

Wow, I'm letting my geek hang out... LOL

And according to Spike TV, Ninjas get their butts kicked by Spartans.

Talk about going way off topic here, but from what I have read about ninjas, while they were awesome assassins and could take out most normal people in hand-to-hand combat, if they ran across someone that really knew how to fight (like a samuri or a Spartan), then yes, they would most likely get their butts kicked. :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

Also, there are styles of Japanese sword that start with it on the waist. I can't think of the name, but it's there.

You're thinking of a samurai's katana, but ninja rarely used those. In real history, samurai were the only ones who were allowed to wear swords in public - occasionally ninja would travel disguised as samurai (or impersonate one as a spy) so they would have to wear a sword on their hip, but even then they didn't use katanas, they used shorter swords, closer in size to the wakizashi. They'd sheath them in a long katana scabbard as part of the disguise, but if the need ever arose to draw the sword, its short blade could be drawn faster than a long blade, allowing the ninja the element of surprise. If all went as planned he could draw and cut before an opponent even got his weapon out of the scabbard.

Other than that tho, ninja rarely wore swords in public. They usually disguised themselves as farmers or other workers and used weapons designed to look like the normal tools that worker would have.

In western thinking tho, when you talk about someone dressing up like a ninja, you're talking about the all-black outfit, the mask covering everything but the eyes, and a short sword worn over the shoulder, where its out of the way, but easily accessible. The exact same outfit in fact that my brother-in-law just bought for my 8 year old for his birthday last month. :lol: