I need to stop watching movies

Sergeant_Crunch

So yesterday I finally get to sit down and watch the copy of The Road Warrior I bought several months ago. Then today Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome was on. Now I've got this grand idea of doing some post-apocalypse gaming. As if I don't already have so much stuff to paint that I rarely actually game.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Road Warrior sold me on post-apocolypse. Since I saw that in the 80s as a kid (yes - my parents let me watch stuff like that), that has alwasy been my favorite Genre. I thought Jericho was the best TV series to hit the airwaves in years.

Picking a system is rough. D20 Modern Apocolypse is nice, as there are a lot of people to play. But the old Fallout PnP game is nice, as it has that video game feel (note - see PipBoy Icon!). And Aftermath was a decent system. Gamma World is also OK, but can be wonky, depending on the edition you get.

Too bad you don't live a bit closer - I would for sure jump into that game group.

I'm not going to act on this urge, as much as I'd like too. I've already got too many unfinished projects (see the to-do list in my blog). If I were to though, I'd probably use Chain Reaction 3 from Two Hour Wargames. The Reaction System makes for a very cinematic feel.

I don't rightly remember the first time I saw The Road Warrior, but it was sometime around '86 or '87 since I seem to remember being around 12 or 13. I also remember talking to my Dad about it and he went out and rented Mad Max. I don't think he'd admit it, but he's a geek at heart.

I know the feeling. Just watched The Black Hole. Now I want to build a USS Cygnus.

There was an injecton molded kit of it released back when the movie came out. Ebay doesn't have any right now...

Damon.

I had that kit, but it ran afoul of some gasoline & M-60’s. :lol:

Ahhhhh, the folly of youth. ::P: