Next Painting Exchange?

Prophet

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For myself, a good portion of the fun was not knowing who was painting a mini for me. Since there are varied levels of painters who participate the "don't know" method prevented cherry picking your painter.

For myself, a good portion of the fun was not knowing who was painting a mini for me. Since there are varied levels of painters who participate the "don't know" method prevented cherry picking your painter.

I agree here. I would rather see it more of a 'blind' exchange, half the fun was not knowing what you were getting or from whom.

I've only been burned once, I'm in. A summer exchange is fine by me - I'd just need to add another fig to my painting queue. I think a blind exchange is better, since there is the extra mystery factor, though it requires a bit more work to set up and officiate.

"For myself, a good portion of the fun was not knowing who was painting a mini for me. Since there are varied levels of painters who participate the "don't know" method prevented cherry picking your painter."

I understand this and agree entirely. It's merely frustrating to have to wait for everyone to be willing and crack out the logistics every time you feel like exchanging with someone. I was just suggesting a casual outlet for small exchanges.

I will continue to chec, but it looks like a blind exchange is the best way to go. If you send me your details; name, address, optional phone number, we will have the exchange deadline be shipped by the end of July, giving 3 months to pick, prep, paint and ship to your recepient. Thanks all, -Joe

I will continue to chec, but it looks like a blind exchange is the best way to go. If you send me your details; name, address, optional phone number, we will have the exchange deadline be shipped by the end of July, giving 3 months to pick, prep, paint and ship to your recepient. Thanks all, -Joe

I would also suggest adding a deadline for sign ups. And having a short I can paint this / cannot paint this / I really would love an orc statement may also help.

My only suggestion is to push it till the end of August rather than July. You have Reaper Con coming up, then Origins, then GenCon all of which tend to have a big impact on people. Not to mention vacations and what not.

My only suggestion is to push it till the end of August rather than July. You have Reaper Con coming up, then Origins, then GenCon all of which tend to have a big impact on people. Not to mention vacations and what not.

Agreed. Plus of course all the little-n-local Cons in between. August is much easier to work with.

I agree with August as a better deadline. I would also suggest starting a new thread, titled something like "May-August 2009 Mini Exchange," with the pertinent info: How many people you're willing to organize for, what you need PM'd to you (which should include address, receiving preferences--I want orcs, I don't want elves--and painting preferences--I really don't like painting monsters), and when the deadline for sending you a PM will be. This way, you can post all your announcements at the beginning of the thread.

This'll be fun!

I agree with August as a better deadline. I would also suggest starting a new thread, titled something like "May-August 2009 Mini Exchange," with the pertinent info: How many people you're willing to organize for, what you need PM'd to you (which should include address, receiving preferences--I want orcs, I don't want elves--and painting preferences--I really don't like painting monsters), and when the deadline for sending you a PM will be. This way, you can post all your announcements at the beginning of the thread.

This'll be fun!

Lots of great feedback! I will start up a new thread, thanks to those who have already responded, and for the great tips!