Whoa!

lstormhammer

This just in from the big head:

I just picked up Warlord #14069: Templar LIghtbringer, and of all things I find in there is a square, 25mm plastic base. That's right, a Plastic Base! (it's between my teeth as I type, I said 'Great Googa-mooga!', and started typing 45 seconds ago)

News you can use!

So when did this decision happen?

--lstormhammer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IS that a good thing SH?  The "great googlie mooglie" could be interpretted as "SHAZAM!"  or it could be taken like "shaaaa-a-a-a-a-zam."

YA know?  :p

I personally like the plastic bases best, and much to my surprise, have discovered that I actually prefer the round ones over the squares.  (First round plastic bases I had were with the Chainmail figs.)

I wouldn't mind the pewter bases though.  I liked them for stability.  granted I can just go ahead a weigh down the plastics.  

let me guess, you opened it, noticed what you were looking at then immediately started looking on the floor thinking the metal one fell.

Is there a copyright tag on the bottom?  I'm curious if it was just a "we ran out of metals, let's improvise to get it out the door".

Personally, I prefer the exact angles of the plastics.

umm.....fewer angles, they have rounded corners.

And I don't think it's an improviso thing, another thread of people complaining about the really nifty random decorated base thing mentioned something about this.

Orchid - who got her weekly half dozen last night and discovered these :down:

I just bought my first Warlord mini - 14071/Crimson Knight (the one that converted me when I saw it a couple weeks ago at the Reaper tour).  The plastic base was a suprise to me, too.  

I'm considering lobbing the metal peg off the bottom for painting anyway, and then mounting it in a square base.  I'd prefer metal, but the plastic base is less of a concern to me than how I'm going to paint the inside of his sleeve with that giant mace in the way. :oo: