Found my perfect wash

Gus Landt

Well, after many, many, many failed attempts at mixing washes, I finally hit upon a winner.

Using a cheap plastic dropper:

2 drops Future Floor Finish

8 drops water

14 drops Reaper inks/washes

I was never able to make a good wash with any other brand ink/wash (i.e.  Games Workshop).  The Reaper washes worked great for me in the above combo of H20 & Future.

:birthday:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now *THAT* is a formula ratio I can understand!  Will try it out myself soon.  Thanks for sharing!

Are the Reaper inks much different than the GW ones?  As I metnioned earlier, I'm still using the first bottles of GW inks that I bought years and years ago.  Never tried any other brands.  I've been putting off spending gobs of money updating/upgrading my paints, but the day comes when I can put it off no longer.  I thought about the Vallejo line, but those just seem too hard to come buy for my purposes.  (I don't plan on selling/competeing etc.)  Seriously considering going Reaper (plus you get the cool skulls inside!)

Personally I just use regular extender, and an acrylic thinner.  It works well for me.  Adjust the formulas to suit your needs.

For a thicker ink/wash:

4 drops extender

2 drops thinner

2 drops water

2 drops paint

for a thinner ink/wash:

6 drops extender

3 drops thinner

2 drops water

2 drops paint