Ghaz

Shading Colors Triad?

Noted the following on Alliance Games today:

RPR 09235 Red Shadow $2.99

RPR 09236 Green Shadow $2.99

RPR 09237 Violet Shadow $2.99

RPR 09779 Shading Colors Triad $8.95

Sounds interesting. Anyone willing to share any more details :ph34r:

Since the Red, Green, and Violet liners got canceled this year (so if you were thinking of ordering 'em, do it NOW, before they run out!), I decided to take a suggestion from last year. People were asking for very dark colors like the "off-blacks" I put in the new Pro Paints (Nightmare Black, Slime Black, Blood Black etc.). So now they will get very dark, non-liner colors in the MSP line. ::):

--Anne

AAAA! What did the poor defenseless and oh-so-useful Liners do? Was it something they said?

I loves me some liners, yes I does.

Heh. Time to adjust my painting styles, methinks.

I keep hoping that someday they will come out with liners in paler shades for "dark lining" between two lighter colors, like ivory and skintones. :unsure: Yeah, I know... that's what Driftwood Brown is for. But it doesn't have that wonderful liner consistency.

Sigh. I girl can dream, can't she?

I'll be grabbing a bottle of green liner then. I like mixing my colors (brown-green, geen-grey) to match the overall color scheme of the mini.

That's such a useful color.

So, when I order more liner than I can use in any reasonable time, what's the best environment to keep it in to keep it viable for years? Or, perhaps more importantly, what are the things to avoid?

So if you really feel the need to order mass quantities of red, green and viole liners let me know. You can have mine, I don't think I have even used them.

I'll talk to you on Saturday. I use the red and green as liners, shaders, and tints often, and occasionally as base coats. (I don't paint in purple often enough to commonly need the violet liner.)

More disappearing colors??

Minature Giant's newsletter says six of the RMS triads are now out of production:

9738 Clear Dark Liners

9740 Muted Purples

9747 Blush Colors

9751 Historic Blues

9756 Mist Greens

9760 Volcano Browns

Apparently the demand for light green is limited since Spring Greens was a victim of the previous purge of RMS triads.

Anne's message indicates the liners will be replaced with the new "shadow" colors. Perhaps, we will see other new colors replace the rest of the discontinued triads?

You will see replacements for cancelled numbers we just don't know what they might spring on us. Dropping colors that aren't generating sufficient sales allows Anne slots to fill with new color ideas.

Volcano Browns- were those the purplish browns?

Muted Purples- is that the triad with Nightshade Purple? :unsure:

Right on the volcano browns. The purples though I think are the Dusky Grape, Bruised and Faded purples.

Heisler's correct, the purples were the muted greyish reddish purples. I personally loved Bruise and Faded purple but most people didn't know what to do with 'em. Same with the Volcano and Ashen Brown.

Tip: Volcano Brown has been replicated in the new Pro Paints, I think (can't remember, brain cells fading, too close to ReaperCon!).

Of all of these, the ones I will miss most are Shadow Green (in the Mist Greens triad) and the Military Blues, which were wonderful blue-greys. The Military Blues will likely get another life in our upcoming Historical Colors sub-line for Master Series.

Oh, you didn't know about the upcoming Historical Colors sub-line for Master Series? Oops, cat out of bag I guess... :;):

--Anne ::D:

I like Volcano brown. Makes a nice hair color.

I like the Muted Purples and Military Blues too.

I hope I can get used to this "discontinue some colors every year" thing.