Who's *NOT* going to be able to make it

Sergeant_Crunch

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it again this year. Next year either for that matter. But dangit, I'll be there in 2011 come heck or high water!

Since misery loves company, who else won't be going this year? Maybe we can establish an online support group or something. :lol:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No good for me. I wish I could be there with you all, especially at some of the roleplaying you guys are setting up.

I can't get those days off of work, and I don't want to go alone again anyway. We're trying to work out a way for next year, though.

I'm out as well, we have a baby due in a couple of months, so decided to save a little money this year. Can I enter "Rastl's Special Dwarves" in the wannabe contest? How about a paper BSG Viper?

I was going to go. I even had my leave scheduled and was shopping for flights. then the wife called me at work. " Could you pick up some ant spray on your way home? We've got 'flying ants' swarming all over our front door." Some thought, a phone call and a Google search later the 'flying ants' were correctly identified as termites. The Pest Control guy shows up today to treat the house. There went my Con money and my best chance to make the trip for the next 3 years. that and my AC compressor needs some work before the summer. Ahh, the joys of home ownership.

It looks like that I won't be attending again this year. Last year the wife got laid off from work, and this year we just bought a new house (yes, she is now employed. ^_^). Alas, my money is gone. :down:

But, I have things I need to try and sell and I plan on taking all of the money I get and literally putting it in an envelope. Next year baby!! Wild Bill is comin' to town!! :B):

Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

No go, for me. Again. Dang it! I really planned for it - budget, schedule, logistics, everything. Then near the end of '08, the company I am contracted to restructured their IT department. Three days before my annual review, and the newly appointed mangler manager used it as an excuse to delay and reevaluate...for 7 months. He thinks occasionally dropping subtle hints amounting to 'be happy you have a job' is enough to offset...well, a lot. He's wrong. :angry: I really should shut up, now.

The job & money are not the only reasons for ReaperCon '09 disappearing from my radar scope. They are the biggest, easiest factors to name, but far from the only ones. Maybe next year. I've tried several approaches over the years to save & budget for it, and something drastic & unexpected happens every time. So, I'm not going to worry about it until next Spring. If it happens, it happens.

As for Wannabe Challenges, unfortunately, I couldn't do anything with that project this year, either. I still had some glimmer of hope to attend ReaperCon, even up to a few weeks ago, so I hesitated. Still, even without that, I really have too many irons in the fire these days. Beyond work, there are the joys of cars and homeownership, family commitments, illness, friends moving, my first commission painting piece, prepping for workshops locally and at Origins...too much to list, here. Sorry!

that and my AC compressor needs some work before the summer. Ahh, the joys of home ownership.

I feel your pain. We're getting a brand new AC system tomorrow because ours died the weekend before last. If I hadn't started pre-paying our expenses (hotel, rental car, etc) back in February we'd be staying home too.

A tip: if you can have the compressor inspected and replaced *before* it dies you can earn a tax credit this year. http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=prod....pr_tax_credits And some utility companies are offering rebates, too.

One of these days, I'll make it!

I was reading the class list quietly to myself and suddenly moaned out loud when I saw all that I would be missing. Shocked my wife, she thought I hurt myself or something. Oh, the agony.

Who knew Basketball league goes on the whole year 'round. Now, my sons are stuck with tournaments every Memorial Day...and they're not even 7 yet :huh:

When I played, BBall was a season long, then we did things like Boy Scouts and family trips. Whahappn'd?

-AW