Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Going Post Apoc!!

eagerly look forward to creating our mutants/characters.

Got any movies/books/games/source suggestions for me? I'm looking for flavor.

HEAVY METAL The Movie

Six String Samurai is a great one and of course you have to take in Tank Girl. There was a boxed set with background for Tank Girl but I can't remember what system is was for. Vampire Earth gives another slant on Post Apoc in a slightly different way. The old TV series Damnation Alley would fit in as well.

Splendid time had by all. We've a good size group of players, of varying experience with Savage Worlds. Modern games can be pretty deadly with so many guns, but smart tactics have proven quite useful. I'll give a breakdown of the party later.

This is neat. I picked up the Alternity version of Gamma World last week to get going on a campaign. I look forward to seeing how your group functions.

For inspiration there were some things that floated around the used book stores for years that are fun background. Sterling Lanier's Hiero's Journey and the sequel The Unforsaken Hiero give a feel for a mutated earth, I love these books. Then there is the Pelbar Cycle by Paul O. Williams. And finally I would recommend Mike McQuay's Pure Blood. Movies, well Mad Max works, each movie in a different way. Depending on your backgroud the spaghetti westerns can be inspirational. And then I like Logan's Run and the original Planet of the Apes as well.

This is neat. I picked up the Alternity version of Gamma World last week to get going on a campaign.

I actually was just "gifted" with copies of the three core books for the d20 (sixth ed) of Gamma World and was tosing aroung the idea of running a campaign with it. ::D:

Sterling Lanier's Hiero's Journey and the sequel The Unforsaken Hiero give a feel for a mutated earth, I love these books.

Oh! I rememeber reading that years ago. Hiero and his giant moose! It was a very good "classic" post war/mutant/psionic earth story. I wonder if I still have the books? :rock: