Sign in to follow this  
Sonic Mike

Sonic at ReaperCon 2009

Rastl, that "something" is what the rest of the world calls 'finish sobering up' :P

Mike,

YAY!

As promised I hit the Sonic on the way to 35E to get a Snicker's Blast (and a burger and tots...cause I just hadn't had enough in the previous 4 days).

It's just such a nice thing to be able to get a SALAD on-site at a convention!

Seriously, Sonic grilled chicken is awesome, whether in the salad or on a toasted croissant with bacon, lettuce, tomato and a dabble of buttermilk ranch dressing).

Superb service as has always been the cas.

I have to say yes the salad option Roxxored.

Hey Mike!

Every Con we see you working your keester off to keep us loonies topped off on tater tots, chili, and other madness; it was really cool to see you out and about more from behind the table than in years past ::D:. I think the bun toaster and other improvements were really great, and I know from my restaurant experience it's hard to plan ahead inside a restaurant, much less a warehouse five miles down the road from your restaurant. I'm always amazed that every time I see you you're smiling, bouncing on your feet, and tirelessly working to keep all fed and happy. I really hope one of these years we can smuggle you out for a long time from behind that register to put you in some classes, have you play through some games, and Reaper out with the rest of us.

Thanks again for another year of great food!

It's been nothing but improvements every year & ReaperCON wouldn't be the same without you there! The new equipment was added value for sure - thank you Mike!!!

You were so awesome! I liked that you even kept a corn dog away for me when they were refilled on Sunday, that just made my day :)

If you're thinking of more flexibility next year, why not have a set schedule of deliveries/pick-ups from the main store, and have people order what they want prior to those deliveries so that there's less chance of run-out? That would only work for those that know what they want and when they want it, really, but.. an idea...

Mike,

You = win. I had hotdogs twice this year (they were, in fact, the only two "Sonic meals" I ate), and both times I couldn't have asked for better. The new equipment was great, and made the convenience of having food onsite even better. It's probably been said a dozen times in this thread already, but I'll say it again; you just keep making the Sonic food better and better every year. I have no idea what we'd do without you.

Deepest thanks,

~Vince

Sonic Mike is awesome, always very friendly and helpful.

couldn't have asked for better service or food!

/ali

Mike,

I think that you and your team did a great job this year: thank you for serving food at the con and for the great service.

Ron

I agree with ya'll...the food was great this year. I normally don't eat "fast food"...or even eat out for that matter. Those of you who do the same, know where I'm coming from. Food outside the house usually upsets my stomach unless it is good quality, and fresh. I can say that of the two times I enjoyed Sonic-goodness...I was good to go. SO...everything was on par...and thanks again to SonicMike for working his @$$ off so WE could have all the fun.

Mike...you do realize that Rcon's 10th aniversary is next year...and perhaps they will make a Sonic-Sophie Roller-Girl!

...wait a tick...that's actually a good idea...

Sorry, you are a few years short on the 10th Anniversary. Its easy to get confused though since most of us call it RCon 09 which means RCon 2009 not RCon IX. Sorry to say that this was only year 6 so we have a few more to get through before it hits 10.

The "young" con in Denver, Tacticon, will be 20 this year, the "old" con, Genghis Con, hit 30 in February.

I have stated elsewhere on this forum about my experience with con food, and the usual prices of same, quality of such, and attitudes of its vendors.

Your food, prices, and service, for my experience, was a serious departure from my previous experience. (Salads? At a CON?)

Altogether, I would be ashamed to beef at you for running out of stuff or a stale bun or something...

Actually, now that I think about it, when you have this many women at a con, serving salads is a definite leg up. I couldn't get over how many women I saw (at a GAMING con! Gloriosky!) I'd better not tell my wife. She won't let me come back next year...

I want to add my thanks in with the rest. Hot dogs, grilled cheese and chili pie were all great... and I tried to run you out of Diet Dr. Pepper too :)

Thanks Sonic Mike!!

Thank you for being there providing food on site during the meal times. I know I downed enough chili for awhile, not to mention mozz sticks & soda (heck can't beat .50 cents a can).

Loved the chicken wraps, thanks for having those this year.

Oddly enough when we left Boise yesterday, my wife stopped at Sonic for a Scotch & Soda (I got a ice cream cone), my response thou was AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I guess there can be too much of a good thing sometimes.... ^_^