Sign in to follow this  
Fallen

New Warlord Rules Book!

All this talk of elves changing got me to wondering. What has changed with Crusaders and Darkspawn?

Nothing major has changed with Crusaders. Darkspawn got a half dozen new models. ::):

Dwarves & Elves got changes because there will be a new Dwarf faction and a Wood Elf faction later in 2009.

Wait...so if there are Wood Elves, why are the Centaurs in the regular elf list? Seems like it would make more sense to put some actual cavalry in for the elves (something with mounted might be nice) and move the centaurs to the wood elves. Guess it's too late for that though.

Actually, at this time it is planned that the centaurs will be in both factions. Same with Mossy.

Actually, at this time it is planned that the centaurs will be in both factions. Same with Mossy.

I had wondered how the "split" factions would work. Both the Elves and Dwarves have just a very few models slated for the second racial faction (dwarves, as far as I know, just have the Skaddi models and the Valkrie models.) It makes sense that there would be plenty of crossover, especially since it's no stretch of the imagination to figure that your basic warrior and archer type models would be very much similar.

well, it's been a while since i dusted off the elves. i am holding all opinions until i read and play with the new toys. besides i have my overlords as back-up. . .

Even with all the changes over the years, I've bought as much Warlord over the past few years as I have other games, and will be able to field two or three armies.

so, are the hydra and Kordtok supposed to have their MA increase as they take damage?

Yes. It's done to create a new way to play with some models. Like leaving the hydra damaged so you can benefit from the higher MAV and make use of its regeneration, instead of healing to max like we always tried to do in the old warlord. And also for fluff reasons, like most Berserker MAV increases as they fly into a frenzy upon taking damage.

Ugh.

I played Daren on Sunday. Managed to kill lots of Elf Warriors and shoot 2 Eagles out of the sky, but in turn got trampled by 2 Mossbeards who I was powerless to stop.

Figured out later that we were not using 'burning' vs. damage reduction correctly, so there is still hope. Also, you gotta have some large-based guys to stop tramplers or you are gonna be seriously screwed.

I still think that multiple 24" teleporting is a bit cheesy as well. Maybe it should cost more points to teleport a big freaking tree than it does to teleport a goblin.

On the other hand, being able to buy flasks of hellfire for my sergeants to hurl was a hoot.

Dan

so, are the hydra and Kordtok supposed to have their MAV increase as they take damage?

Think of it like this: The madder the Hydra gets, the stronger the Hydra gets! :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

Edited by wildbill

I`d wish there will be more merchandising from 27 July 2009.

Especially here in Germany!

No one knows about this Game here and its hard to find enemy warlords to conquer!

Even in the biggest Reaperstore in Berlin no one plays Warlord! ::(:

Warpaint..

Well, looks like you have your opportunity set before you. Good things always take effort. My gaming group started out with only 2 people a year ago. He and I played each other over and over for a couple of months before we started getting others looking over our shoulders. But, once they did, it has taken off. Right now, my gaming group averages 10-14 or so players every week and some weeks even more.

We are starting to get to the point where we might have to look for alternate stores since the store we are in can only handle 8 tables.

So, instead of thinking of it as the impossible up hill climb, conquer it as the mild bump that you must drive over to get where you want.

Jason

so, are the hydra and Kordtok supposed to have their MAV increase as they take damage?

Think of it like this: The madder the Hydra gets, the stronger the Hydra gets! :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

I figured as much, just making sure it wasn't a typo

I know that teleporting big guys is something Josh2 has done a lot and always works out for him. I like the idea of it costing more or being harder to teleport bigger dudes.

Ugh.

I played Daren on Sunday. Managed to kill lots of Elf Warriors and shoot 2 Eagles out of the sky, but in turn got trampled by 2 Mossbeards who I was powerless to stop.

Figured out later that we were not using 'burning' vs. damage reduction correctly, so there is still hope. Also, you gotta have some large-based guys to stop tramplers or you are gonna be seriously screwed.

I still think that multiple 24" teleporting is a bit cheesy as well. Maybe it should cost more points to teleport a big freaking tree than it does to teleport a goblin.

On the other hand, being able to buy flasks of hellfire for my sergeants to hurl was a hoot.

Dan