Sign in to follow this  
Fallen

New Warlord Rules Book!

I'm glad to see Trampling is entering the foray, as it will allow Chariots to be sculpted. Nefsokar would be cool for those.

Are there rules for Residual Damage? By that I mean, how do you reckon a model takes damage when it's lit on fire? Or attacked with acid?

I'm glad to see Trampling is entering the foray, as it will allow Chariots to be sculpted. Nefsokar would be cool for those.

Are there rules for Residual Damage? By that I mean, how do you reckon a model takes damage when it's lit on fire? Or attacked with acid?

Yup, things can be lit on fire and/or poisoned.

I respectfully submit that the proper place to bring up the brokenness or missing-ness of rules is probably within a group of playtesters and then directly to Reaper via email or whatnot, as opposed to on the company's public forum.

As the product is still currently in beta, and as the people who are playing the beta now are testers, I think it's reasonable to expect loopholes, inconsistencies, poor spelling, and all of that fun stuff. Isn't the purpose of playtesting to detect the problems so that they can be fixed?

At the risk of being too aggressive, I think it's poor form and unfair to Reaper to receive their beta document so that you can test it for them, and then turn around and disparage them on their own public forum when you find errors. I know that if I were them I would feel slighted.

I disagree with with you. Their forum is the place to discuss this because I don't have anyone to play with. What you call disparagement, I call criticism that needs to be made. The majority of my critiques are sitting in a building word file and Gus will be the first to see them. I am excited what Warlord 2.0 is coming out with, but I am worried that it will only apeal to it's current fan base and not to new gamers.

My outing the deployment zone loophole was me poking at shakhak, and it was a glaring loophole that needed fixing.

I am reminded of the first time I ventured from historical gaming into the strange new world of fantasy gaming. The first fantasy figures I painted was a group of ORKS. The first time I brought them to a game, a guy told me they were the wrong shade of green . . .

I enjoy gaming as a way to hang out with my friends.

I paint miniatures to relax.

I post on this forum for fun.

I recommend all of the above.

Being too serious and knowing it all is not sexy.

Now BKBass, he's sexy.

Removed CAV posts. Lets keep this a positive thread about Warlord. ::):

After years of having to download pdfs and keep up with changes, we are finally gonna have a new printed book! A 1-stop shop for all our Warlord needs! :bday:

Removed CAV posts. Lets keep this a positive thread about Warlord. ::):

After years of having to download pdfs and keep up with changes, we are finally gonna have a new printed book! A 1-stop shop for all our Warlord needs! :bday:

Agreed.

...snip...

My outing the deployment zone loophole was me poking at shakhak, and it was a glaring loophole that needed fixing.

Poking at me or Shakandra? Don't get your Shaks confused. :upside:

Now BKBass, he's sexy.

:blink: Not sure the boss lady would approve! ^_^

Good call Gus, we all can get to worked up over our toys sometimes.

...snip...

Poking at me or Shakandra? Don't get your Shaks confused. :upside:

Yes I did get the Shaks foncused. :blush:

Um, ok, I'm not sure how that has anything to do with me either. I merely commented that calling Teleport "broken" was hyperbole, and that the described situation was flawed based on the limitations of the spell. I never said anything about deployment zones.

~v

Edited by Shakandara

FYI, the current version of the rules now state:

"After the first player chooses a side of the table for their Deployment Zone, their opponent must choose the opposite side of the board as their Deployment Zone."

Not in the core book, no. But, may be a feature of a future Optional Ruleset (like in an epic level or seige level book).

"After the first player chooses a side of the table for their Deployment Zone, their opponent must choose the opposite side of the board as their Deployment Zone."

This works for two sided games, but what if folks what a three force battle? Sorry to chime in late... but shouldn't it say sides should be agreed upon by players with a recommendation for enough distance b/w the deployment zones vs. specifying it must be across?

hopefully in my rush you still get the picture.

This works for two sided games, but what if folks what a three force battle? Sorry to chime in late... but shouldn't it say sides should be agreed upon by players with a recommendation for enough distance b/w the deployment zones vs. specifying it must be across?

hopefully in my rush you still get the picture.

I have specifically left out any wording what-so-ever of playing with more than 2 players. I figure if you are playing with 3, you can easily figure it out yourself. ::):