Sign in to follow this  
Fallen

New Warlord Rules Book!

I hope there is an easy way to let people use round bases. At my store Warmachine was the big thing for awhile. Now perhaps I can get them to try out Warlord with their miniatures, which might lead to sales. *ka-ching*. ::D:

Glad to hear about large troops being more worthy. Love my elf-army dragon miniature, but it kept dieing too fast (and not having Tactician and Spy like the other WLs was a big minus). ::(:

Yep, get the small metal 1"bases and blu-tac them on to your round bases.

Just do not kill my Gargoyles so quickly that they are removed from play before you check out their cool paint jobs. :rolleyes:

But back to real life. Gargoyles have Deflect/1 and Damage Reduction/1, so they are DV11 vs. RA and shake off the first hit ::o: and there might not be chance for a second shot. When they land and melee, SA Vicious vs. wimpy archers will be especially enjoyable.

And I am not above shielding them from unwelcome missle and magic attacks with swarms of their little friends, the Crypt Bats. :lol:

Just do not kill my Gargoyles so quickly that they are removed from play before you check out their cool paint jobs. :rolleyes:

But back to real life. Gargoyles have Deflect/1 and Damage Reduction/1, so they are DV11 vs. RA and shake off the first hit ::o: and there might not be chance for a second shot. When they land and melee, SA Vicious vs. wimpy archers will be especially enjoyable.

And I am not above shielding them from unwelcome missle and magic attacks with swarms of their little friends, the Crypt Bats. :lol:

That's fine. So many new things the Witch Queen has to play with now. :devil: I will say the Darkspawn just became nasty little spell slingers. ::D:

And she has CP9. Ugh. :blink: But she ain't that tough in melee, only DV 10 and 2 MA. Try to surround her so I cannot land my Gargoyles next to her to attack and I will just Swift Attack instead with my Crypt Bats. How's that?

It is obvious that one of the big ideas with 2nd Edition is to bring back magic to the game, which almost everyone abandoned. For example, in the Reapercon tourney, I faced Dwarves with no magic, Elves with a Silver Dragon with only one Lightning Bolt, and BSG and Overlords with no magic. I had Moandain with Ice Storm, Stun and two Summon Spectral Minions. With CP9, he never failed and was key to my wins. He never died before getting off all of his spells.

Cool to see magic back again. At first I did not like the idea of not buying spells. But I have quickly warmed to the tomes idea.

This is gonna be FUN.

Lots of players felt as though the cost of a mage was difficult to justify when compared to the point cost of enemy models it was likely to kill. There were people on both sides of the argument, really. I always found that it was pretty easy to protect my mages using a dedicated screen of some high DV models - problem was, that increased the effective cost of the mage as I had a guard detail of four or so soldiers parked near the mage. Sure they broke off later in the game once the spells were gone, but it drew those models off the line during some key moments.

Another key fault with casters was that there was a sharp divide between your good mages (things like Ashkrypt and Moandain which are liches and undead super-magic thingies, and the Witch Queen who's basically evil drow killer-magic-slinger) and your rank and file spellcasters - lots of the Crusader paladins, fighter-mages, and some of the non-unique mage elites. The Casting Power on those models was kept low to keep them weaker than the liches, but then the probability of actually landing a spell on an enemy model was so very low it became a poor choice to equip them with spells that cost your points.

It would appear that the Casting Powers have all been raised so that any given caster has somewhere around 50% chance to hit with a spell - or better, with the Liches practically auto hitting (as a Lich should against a common soldier!). Also you no longer purchase your spells, they come pre-packaged with the caster in the first place, for a reasonable price.

So the cost was reduced, and the chance of successfully casting was increased. By and large they're still fairly fragile so there's still the gameplay element of "I need to guard this pricy, dangerous, but weakly defended model so it can hang around long enough to deliver its payload" but I would anticipate that most players will think it's a fair deal.

Also given the nastiness of some of the spells and effects, I think everybody will quickly see that they're doing themselves a favor by having a caster around to help out.

I just love the fact that spells are chosen during game play rather than ahead. It was so frustrating having spells to counter burrowing or flying models available, but not caring to risk taking either just to face an opponent with NO burrowing or flying models. There were other spells that were also what I call "situational" spells that were just too likely to be unusable.

I also like the fact that the Equipment list has been seriously cut back.

Now making an army list is just about as easy as rolling up a D&D character in Original Edition.

Now that Warlord 2E has been officially announced, is there a way to obtain a beta copy of the book, or am I stuck until July? I promise that I will buy an actual printed copy once it's released, I just would like to be able to start playing before then ::): .

I love the fact that every model gets its #MA as Defensive Strikes. And the fact that Durgram doesn't suck anymore. And the fact that I won't have to hear anyone whine about Bane ever again. Now I'll just smite me some giants and still be happy. ::D:

I am incredibly excited for this new edition! I haven't really played much since the Rage Chronicles started churning out, but I'm loving what I see of this new edition. The new magic system is just sublime, I can't wait to try it.

If only this was coming out before Origins. <_<

I love the fact that every model gets its #MA as Defensive Strikes. And the fact that Durgram doesn't suck anymore. And the fact that I won't have to hear anyone whine about Bane ever again. Now I'll just smite me some giants and still be happy. ::D:

(emphasis mine)

YES! This new version really allows him to come into his own. #MA 4 is just disgusting. And his DV is high enough that he's one of the really rock solid defensive dwarves as well.

I've got an order going in for some new models, I'm talking it up with friends (slowly so far... when there's a rulebook out the pressure is ON!)... good times.

First off I'd like to say...

YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have a copple questions.

1. My copy of WL has some awsome rules that allowed you to customize a figgure. I took the Spider Centar from the Dark Havens Legends line and made a cool but (I felt) ballanced monster for the Dark Spawn faction. As far as I know, there is not a single miniatures battle game that has ever done that. Please tell me that WL 2 has similar rules for custom creating new units.

2. Will we once again get the opertunity to order stat cards for modles we own. Getting them off the net is one thing, but having the actual stat card in hand, for me, is better.