Sign in to follow this  
Fallen

New Warlord Rules Book!

For those that bought the early hardcover versions, both 1.0 and 1.2, they may not feel comfortable buying a new book on faith after all the changes between now and then.

I guess I'll have to give it a try, see how it works out.

I did just notice that every single spellcaster in the elf list is unique...guess I'll have to stick to small games.

With the numbers of changes made in 2.0, should the new rules be made open beta for a while before actual printing? Honestly speaking, I really like to see an actual physical version of the new rules.

1) We've had over 30 people with their hands on it for 6 months now. The public beta is really just to fine-tune it, not to playtest it. ::):

2) If we don't send it to the printer in about 3 weeks, we won't have it for sale in time for GenCon, which would suck more than I want to think about

I respectfully disagree with you, Joshuaslater. I think five years is a long time between editions and people are eagerly waiting to jump back in. Sure, Reaper made a mistake and no one can fault them for trying something new that didn't work out. Now they are putting out a very solid core rulebook, everything the fans screamed for, and it won't be altered for a long time. I'm betting this will bring the old players back and the new players in. I'm totally stoked to finally have what I need to make some long term demo armies. I wonder what it would cost for 500 points in each faction? I wonder if I already have that in the game room? Probably.

Well, I for one will probably buy into the game now. Seeing the 100 odd pages of updates every year made me shy away from the game. A nice, solid, relatively unchanging core rule (minor errata excepted, of course), is what this, or any, game needs in order to survive and thrive. Hopefully this will kick start the guys at the game shop, so I'll have opponents! P.S. some starter army boxes would be a good idea too, along with a GW style starter box (small rules only book and a couple of small armies/troops choices to build on).

You can already count me in the new player area.

I strayed away from it as it looked like it had just become an online based system of updates, and I wasn't willing to buy the old book to only get a few core rules that hadn't been changed.

With a new book, awesome cheaper minis (compaired to other mini games), Reapercon 3 hours away, and a possible resurgance of players I am definately in. My only slight beef is the bases ::P: , so I can surely adjust my way of thinking for this game.

::D:

I'll get over my dislike of square bases too. I just think you can fit more models into the scrum that's going on in between all that terrain on the table better with round ones.

Well, I for one will probably buy into the game now. Seeing the 100 odd pages of updates every year made me shy away from the game. A nice, solid, relatively unchanging core rule (minor errata excepted, of course), is what this, or any, game needs in order to survive and thrive. Hopefully this will kick start the guys at the game shop, so I'll have opponents! P.S. some starter army boxes would be a good idea too, along with a GW style starter box (small rules only book and a couple of small armies/troops choices to build on).

I loved the online updates; you didn't have to buy a new book to get them. Having bought several versions of Star Fleet Battles over the years, Warlord updates was a lot cheaper by comparison.

If we have suggestions for the Warlord 2 rulebook, is it too late to submit them? Who needs that info?

Please email them to me at [email protected] ::):

I loved the online updates; you didn't have to buy a new book to get them. Having bought several versions of Star Fleet Battles over the years, Warlord updates was a lot cheaper by comparison.

Warlord will no longer be updated like it has been. There will, of course, be an errata page on reapergames.com to fix any actual mistakes, but there will be no more changes to the core rules. Once you purchase the Warlord 2 core rulebook, you will have everything you need to play, and it won't be changed (obviously in 5+ years from now we'd consider looking whether or not the game needs a 3rd edition, but there are no thoughts of that at this time. ::): )

The game will be expanded in 2 ways:

1) Moving out of Taltos to explore new areas and new factions

2) New optional rule set add-ons. I have no solid information that I can dispense at this time, but an example of a possible rule-set add-on would be something like siege combat rules to allow you to attack a castle using your existing rules & data cards.

I think that Reaper should work on getting ore fluffs and maintain an ongoing storyline. The next is a campaign. These helps to get people interested in the game rather than the rules alone.

I think that Reaper should work on getting ore fluffs and maintain an ongoing storyline. The next is a campaign. These helps to get people interested in the game rather than the rules alone.

Both of these are indeed currently being worked on. ::):