Reapercon Warlord Tournament

OK. OK. I admit it. I am one of those snobs that is always whining that people do not paint their armies. :wow:

And I will continue to whine and moan about unpainted figures on the tabletop.

But, hey, at least I am doing something about it now. ::D:

Beginning this year, I will paint one (1) group of models (all the same pose) from any bone fide troop in the tournament winner's army. My way of acknowledging the New Warlord and better than kow towing or offering up my second born male offsping to the Supreme Warlord and Master of Us All, I reckon. If the Warlord passes on the offer, I will offer to the Under-Warlord (2nd Place) and so on.

This year Daren won. I painted up his Centaurs that he picked up at Reapercon 2008 and has been pushing around nekkid for the past year.

Gaming quality. Nothing fancy. Two coats of thick poly under the dullcoat to withstand plenty of rough handling. Gave each one a name from Greek mythology. See them here (click the magnifying glass at upper right corner of the pic for a closer look):

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Fb96R...feat=directlink

Dan the Underling

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw those Centaurs. Your nothing fancy is very sharp. They might not win you a Sophie but they're oh so pretty.

I applad your effort.

I'll make the same offer only as a solo. I'm a much slower painter than you.

Gaming quality. Nothing fancy. Two coats of thick poly under the dullcoat to withstand plenty of rough handling. Gave each one a name from Greek mythology. See them here (click the magnifying glass at upper right corner of the pic for a closer look):

Nothing fancy he said, Ha. They are GREAT! Thanks again Dan.

Oh, do we get to paint yours??? :devil: