Minis we would like to see (Fantasy version) Thread Seven

There are so many good suggestions here already but I'll toss out a few in hopes they are not too lame.

I would like to see a minotaur type golem that I could paint up in brass an be like the one from that Sinbad movie... A long spear would be a cool weapon for him too.

Couldn't you just, um, paint a minotaur as a minotaur golem?

Ishil

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually bought that guy to check out those tentacles. They are pretty cool. I was just thinking something like the chain pack with different types of tentacles, long ones sucker ones, thick ones.. that sort of thing cause adding a tentacle or two is sometimes kind of usefull.

As for the minotaur, I've been looking for one to convert over but none seem to fit. I don't know if you've seen the old movie I was talking about but that thing was super cool. Not so much like the big monster ones but a bit more like the classical art looking ones maybe. Don't get me wrong I like the minotaur sculpts but they are just not quite what I was after and I was being greedy suggesting something I wanted.

Tieflings.

Sorcerors or wizards that aren't carrying swords or wearing armour

Street-rat type youths where their gender is unknown (because what streetrat girl would flaunt her assets? That's just asking for trouble!)

More monsters!!

Figures that have more features that aren't normally found on caucasians, like big afro-like hair, dreadlocks, full lips, etc.

A bald woman in robes that doesn't have a manic grin on her face :)

I'd like to see a variety of tiefling figs.

Some of the reptus figs are a good stand in for dragonborn, but I think there will need to be more.

Interestingly, 4e is getting me back into mini painting, and I want a bunch of figs. :)

I would like to see a series of heroes and villians in extravagant armor. Just look at some of the wild and crazy armor designs in World of Warcraft. Humans, elves, dwarves, wizards, anything... Just make really wild looking armor!

There are several reasons why real-world armor doesn't look like WoW armor, and isn't because WoW armor is better. I prefer something that doesn't violate the rules of common sense (try to ride a horse with spikey armor, or fight in formation, or even rest). One could always glue toothpick spikes to realistic armor for a WoW look.

I want one! That's cool!

A Dragon Horse.

Of course there would be variety but here's a pic of one a friend did for me of one I have on a game I play. The look would depend on the parents but I see my dragon horses as a draft type, like a Shire or Clydesdale with varying degrees of dragon features.

dragonhorsedone.jpg

As for the armor discussion I'd like to see more realistic armor too. I'm painting a privateer press mini right now and her shoulder pads are as big as her head. I think it looks silly. And it's not fun to paint either. A big hunk of metal that should be about half it's size.

Ok, I don't think this is a mini already in existence so I will say it . . .

Female Halfling Paladin with Pony Mount as well as an unmounted version! hehe! That's my new character in my D&D game I'm playing in. I don't think this is already out there and it would be fun to see.

Well, since fieldarchy brought up current characters...

A rogue-ish-looking male human with a short ponytail, average build, slightly tall but graceful, wearing a hooded cloak over sleek studded leather armor, with a rapier hanging from his belt and a spiked chain in his hands... Either drawing back his arm before striking or leaning forward in the middle of striking.

Mephistopheles Foolsdark, known as "Scratch", is a bit of a cross between Hannibal Lecter and Garak, the Cardassian tailor/spy from Deep Space Nine. He's a chaotic neutral rogue with an 18 Intelligence who fights with a spiked chain and enjoys helping the party's paladins to find enlightenment by teaching them the fine art of navigating moral grey areas without breaking their code. :poke:

Oh, and a hobgoblin ranger with dual longswords... pleasepleaseplease? lol

Sure that was said, but...

1. More cavalry models of any type, even for already existing steeds. Athough better on exotic mounts like big lizards, again big wolves, rhinos, boars, spiders. Especially elves, barbarians and undead. More centaurs with various weapons/shields etc. Reaper makes mounted models of wonderful proportionality, but they are few in comparison with innumerous foot variants. :down:

2. War machines!!! Especially for Warlord. There can be an unimaginable number of various types for all the factions, with historical roots or not.