Minis we would like to see (Fantasy version) Thread Seven

ladystorm

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if this has been got to, but it's 4am, so...

Characters performing non-combat actions - There are lots of folks reading books, but how about people buckling on armor, sharpening swords, an archer with his/her bow between her legs as she bends it to string it with one hand positioned as though pulling the string toward the tip of the bow, someone with a plate of food lifting a fork or spoon toward their mouth as though a quick meal while pacing around a campfire, a character sitting down pulling on their boots...

Dunno if this has been got to, but it's 4am, so...

Characters performing non-combat actions - There are lots of folks reading books, but how about people buckling on armor, sharpening swords, an archer with his/her bow between her legs as she bends it to string it with one hand positioned as though pulling the string toward the tip of the bow, someone with a plate of food lifting a fork or spoon toward their mouth as though a quick meal while pacing around a campfire, a character sitting down pulling on their boots...

I like those ideas, but I have to say the archer one, while very cool, might look really odd. That pose looks neat on a living, active person, but as a static sculpture perhaps not so much. Not to mention how hard it would be to paint the bow when it's running between the figure's legs. :;):

It would be nice, though, to see some figures who aren't just brandishing weapons. Somebody loading a crossbow, or drawing a sword. Minis with shields slung across their backs instead of held at the ready, preferably removable for those who don't want their figures with shields.

And how about some new figures using a quarterstaff or sling? We haven't had many of those.

I like figures that look like they're ready to go adventuring too - figures with backpacks and bedrolls.

And how about some female adventurers with practical hairstyles? I wouldn't go adventuring with loose hair flying all over the place. If I had long hair I'd keep it in a bun or braid, or at least a ponytail.

I'd like to see a couple sumo wrestlers... there is something about 500 pound guys wearing diapers with their hair up in a bun :blink:

Seriously Sumo guys would be cool. The one ogre mage is kind of sumo-esque, but I'd like a couple of real wrestlers.

minis without the dohickey, fabric thingy between their legs. I want to have some that just have pants on their legs, or shorts . . . no flowy, drapey, thingys. Too hard to adventure with fabric flowing between your legs ::P:

I like figures that look like they're ready to go adventuring too - figures with backpacks and bedrolls.

And how about some female adventurers with practical hairstyles? I wouldn't go adventuring with loose hair flying all over the place. If I had long hair I'd keep it in a bun or braid, or at least a ponytail.

Preach it! :blush:

Some female adventurers who aren't showing everything. They're in the middle of the wilds, usually with a bunch of male companions, often fighting for their life against all sorts of villanous creatures, the last thing they want to worry about is a wardrobe malfunction that would occur all too easily when they're wearing something that's cut just above the nips. Some nice leather armor that is semi-functional looking. Yes, yes, I know the mini demographics is largely male and showing skin sells, but can we get at least a few non-plate to the gills ladies who didn't shed the armor and everything else save a bra and fur loincloth/veil-esque thing. I don't mind the long hair so much, if it will save it from being in a bun (Army ROTC cured me of ever wanting to put hair (mine or otherwise) in a tight bun EVER again) but ponytails, loose updos, or even some little braids along the front of the hair to keep it out of the eyes. I'll have to find a pic to explain that better... here we goes; Hair ex. 1, ex. 2, ex. 3, ex. 4, and finally ex. 5

And don't think I don't like ladies showing skin in any mini, I totally dig this idea;

How about Amazon-type female harem guards with big scimitars?

Adventurers seated for a meal at the tavern or engaged in mundane tasks. And as DM I am always running short of NPC figs.

It's surprisingly hard to find minis of adventurers just kicking back, enjoying that well earned brew and congratulating each other on a dragon well slain. I really like the dwarven brewmeister and patrons, for example. Those guys could fit in as PCs, NPCs or background set dressing. Maybe a series of multi packs, all by the same sculptor (for continuity), depicting typical tavern sights like men eating drinking and gambling, harassing wenches and haggling over prices with the proprietor, or even plotting future enterprises while hunched over a table in a dark corner.

LOVE IT~