2008 Reapercon Sophie and a Web Site

Greetings,

Finally started the '08 sophie that I got last year (not much time for painting lately) and I started my own web site. Please chec it out and let me know you think, keep in mind it is a work in progress, but suggestions are welcome. It could use a splash of color here or there, all in good time. I started in work in progress on Sophie.

post-685-1244009206_thumb.jpg

Site link:

www.thebrassdragon.com

Thanks,

John

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done some more work on the site and most of the galleries have something in them, just waiting on time to put together a light tent to photograph the mini collection. Also, finally getting the workshop cleaned out so it won't be long before I'm back on the brushes again.

Check it out:

www.thebrassdragon.com

Thanks,

John Lee

Hi John!

I checked out the site! its nice, I signed your guest book too!

The dragons on the home page are beautiful!

I agree that having the dragons in one pic instead of tiled would make it easier to read.

I do love how your gallery is set up also.. It is nice and organized. ::):

Sophie is looking good too! make sure to put up pics when she is done

Thanks Lyn for stopping by. I just changed the background, had to go with a different dragon, I lost too much resolution on the old one when I tried to make it big enougn to fit the whole screen. I plan to work on Sophie some later this week, so watch for an update. Also the site has been updated alot since last you were there. I even added a recipe in the recipe section.

Thanks again,

John

Are those going to be clouds she is on/in? If you still can, I'd try & smooth out the material, as I can see a little bit of fingerprints on them. Mainly near the bomb nose. Still, neat concept.

RM

Thanks, haldir, I didn't notice till you pointed them out. Nothing like blowing it up with the camera to show you what you missed. I'll go back in with a little putty and fix it. Thanks for the comment. I went with the clouds because I didn't care for the little stub that they had holding eveything up.

John

Updated the site again. Two more works in progress, got two weeks off from work so I'll get some paint on them soon. Sculpted a base for one of them ('09 reapercon Sophie). Here's a few shots:

post-685-1245571349_thumb.jpg

post-685-1245571437.jpg

The dark sword mini has some adult parts.

More shots of both on the website.

John