Summer Contest

Maltique

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You submit a picture of your entry and then the folks at reaper will select say the top ten best entries in each category and then they put up a poll and you vote for the best one. At least that is how it has worked in the past.

You submit a picture of your entry and then the folks at reaper will select say the top ten best entries in each category and then they put up a poll and you vote for the best one. At least that is how it has worked in the past.

Are submissions posted in this topic, or PM'd to a moderator, or something entirely different? Essentially, where do I send my pictures?

Hello, I am completely new here. Long time player/painter, 1st time poster. Hm I guess I should have coordinated my name ID's but I am also 'Minicreatures' on coolmini's site (also a noob there too..).

This summer contest sounds like alot of fun but I have some questions... Are we picking minis from anywhere in particular, like how open ended is it? Also I saw mention of various categories, but I have no idea what those might be. Is there a thread that has a previous rules list or general idea to the contest? It doesn't have to be super detailed just a general synopsis I guess. Thanks very much in advance for any info and direction in case I have missed it, which there is a pretty good chance of too.. my spot check abilities are notoriously bad.

Hey Anne. Welcome to the forum. (waves)

I can field a few of these.

Miniatures must come from any of Reaper's line of minis. AS for the categories, these are themes for this particular contest. You can choose one of them if you so choose. The theme is what ever you make it out to be. "An't no cure for the summer time blues" can be interpreted in different ways. Could be a sad looking figure, someone that is dressed in blue, someone who is blue, etc. This is more like a leg up on the competition if you choose one of the themes.

Previous contest questions are posted in the below link. Keep in mind prize value is different this time around. :poke:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23340

Hi Anne!

Welcome to the Reaper family!

If you want to do minis specifically for the Summer Contest, there will be a surfer dude, uncle sam, and a deep sea diver that will be released I believe at the end of this month.

I cant wait for the surfer dude! I am dying to paint that one!!

:lol:

Hi everyone and thanks for the info! :) Are we able to pre order the summer competition figures at the moment? I didn't see them listed under the online store yet. Also are we allowed to combine them with other reaper figures in a scene or is that off base? Sorry I haven't done this type of thing before, still getting my feet wet. Thanks!

*Oops I saw on the front page some more info about it, haha sorry!

Anne, Welcome!

The primary figure must be Reaper. As currently stated. However that doesn't stop you from sculpting something on to the figure, or adding bits out of the Reaper line.

@Humansquish

Idea for you: Surfer Dude mixed with the Tiki Golem. You know the old Town & Country Surfboards Tiki Guy.

post-4006-1244950496.jpg

Anyone have any ideas I can blatantly steal? I got nothin. :down:

Hey there Humansquish,

I don't know how old you are (some of this reference goes back a-ways), and this suggestion might just be way too literal, but both themes actually come from songs (and a Movie).

"Summertime Blues..." - someone bummed because he's got no spending cash, due to summertime being too nice to work.

"Born on the...", - this one is actually new to me.

or the more traditional

Little Johnny Jones,"The Yankee Doodle Boy" - I've got visions of James Cagney prancing about my head.

or the Movie

"Born on the..." - I've got visions of Tom Cruise prancing with James Cagney now :angry:

Again, these are probably way too literal but as a starting point, they may contain some interesting ideas.

Good Luck, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

-AW

I have my idea, and my mini order has been placed. Once they come in, I'll get to work. I'm not sharing my idea, though. I want it to be a surprise!

Before I get too far long, though, does anyone know if there are any restrictions on nudity? I know we can't post such directly to the forums, but must link instead. Will this be a problem for the contest?