Savage North Expansion

I will be posting many more details in the coming weeks about Warlord 2, but I just wanted to jump in quick since I see 2 mentions of Koborlas. Koborlas are not in the core rulebook, and datacards for them will not be available for a few months after the core rules are released. Same story on the bloodstone gnomes. They will both be featured in our "Lands of the Savage North" expansion book due out this November.

So the first physical expansion of Warlord in years is setting to come out at the end of 2009. It might be too early to speculate, especially since we don't even have the new Rule Book in hand yet, but who cares.

What will the existing factions expand into? What do you want to see? What would you be disappointed in not getting?

If you can remember the old faction expansion books, what do you think was good or bad about those?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The factions known are Koborlas, Blood Stone Gnomes, and Sisters. There are reports of missing Dwarves and Elves from the beta book, with hints dropped they could be in new factions. So that gives us 5 factions. No word on if there will be more.

How many would you want to see? What kinds?

I want an all left-handed basket weaver army!!

I think an army that specializes in thrown weapons would be cool... most models having a short range (6"?) attack in addition to whatever else. That's probably a crappy idea but this is the wild speculation thread right?

I'd like the Dark Heaven setting fleshed out a whole lot more than just Taltos. I get the idea that it's the basic premise of the next part, but how much cooler would it be if you made your Merc list from some other part of the Reaper setting, picked out the right models or converted them and painted them up from Malvernis? Or points East, West, South, you get it.

The Dark Heaven setting is very akin to D&D, but remember how dang cool that big map of Greyhawk was back in the day?

You feelin' me on this one?

Malapango savages. The list really goes on through an entire catalog, and yes, proxying Reaper models is allowed, but people would go hog wild if they had some backstory, or even a map.

I'd like the Dark Heaven setting fleshed out a whole lot more than just Taltos. I get the idea that it's the basic premise of the next part, but how much cooler would it be if you made your Merc list from some other part of the Reaper setting, picked out the right models or converted them and painted them up from Malvernis? Or points East, West, South, you get it.

Dig. I made up a backstory for a group of mercs just along those lines. Not collected or painted, but yeah, right on target, there.

The Dark Heaven setting is very akin to D&D, but remember how dang cool that big map of Greyhawk was back in the day?

Cool enough that I still have it. Laminated. Favorite D&D setting, to this day.

You feelin' me on this one?

Got the vibe. :blues:

I want an all left-handed basket weaver army!!

I think an army that specializes in thrown weapons would be cool... most models having a short range (6"?) attack in addition to whatever else. That's probably a crappy idea but this is the wild speculation thread right?

Why not? Worked for the vikings.

I didn't know that all Vikings were left-handed... learn something new every day, I guess. :upside:

~v

I cant allow history to be butchered with such misconceptions. Vikings were not left handed; everyone should know they was all ambidextrous. They evolved that way so could hold an axe in the right hand and the mead skull in the left.

The factions known are Koborlas, Blood Stone Gnomes, and Sisters. There are reports of missing Dwarves and Elves from the beta book, with hints dropped they could be in new factions. So that gives us 5 factions. No word on if there will be more.

How many would you want to see? What kinds?

Gus actually says in that mega-long thread that there will be a new elf and new dwarf faction.

All this talk of elves changing got me to wondering. What has changed with Crusaders and Darkspawn?

Nothing major has changed with Crusaders. Darkspawn got a half dozen new models. ::):

Dwarves & Elves got changes because there will be a new Dwarf faction and a Wood Elf faction later in 2009.

I'd like to see some factions for characters from the north that have always been alone in the game, like Sigurd, Dingo.

Halflings are extremely rare in Taltos, and the world of Adon, according to the fluff. And entire faction seems unlikely, although a few more halfling characters, or perhaps a Halfling soldier for Mercs or a new faction would be rather cool.

Maybe some short-ranged soldier models. Halfling slingers and/or rock skippers.

Halflings are extremely rare in Taltos, and the world of Adon, according to the fluff. And entire faction seems unlikely, although a few more halfling characters, or perhaps a Halfling soldier for Mercs or a new faction would be rather cool.

Maybe some short-ranged soldier models. Halfling slingers and/or rock skippers.

I think they are only rare in Taltos, supposedly due to heat, not all of Adon but I could be wrong.

I think a Ranger faction would be cool. Instead of having mercs in the new expansion they could have Robin Hood type outlaws, a conglomeration from literally every race.