Warlord 2.0 pre-order?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a similar note, am I correct in assuming game stores can pre-order it now? I got a gift card to my FLGS for fathers day, and thought I'd use it for WL2 - was thinking of doing the preorder thing so that I don't "accidently" spend it on something else.

Hmmmm I heard through the grape-vine that the book was going to be $19.95, softcover, color front, and black and white inside. Is this true?

If so, are there plans for an uber edition? I love hard backs and color everything and usually blow the extra money for just such products.

Hmmmm I heard through the grape-vine that the book was going to be $19.95, softcover, color front, and black and white inside. Is this true?

Yep, all true.

If so, are there plans for an uber edition? I love hard backs and color everything and usually blow the extra money for just such products.

We are looking at some options, but the price point is really too high at our volume to make this very likely. I originally hoped the book would be full color hard cover from the start, but that was before I started calling printers...

Yes, there are POD places like lulu.com that can do reasonably priced full color hardcover books, but keep in mind those really aren't an option for us. Our first customer is the distributors, and we cannot cut them out of the loop. So paying $20 per book from lulu.com would mean a $99.99 MSRP for you. ::(:

But hey, at $19.95, we might be able to get enough new players into the game that we could do a higher volume on a full color book! ^_^

Yes, there are POD places like lulu.com that can do reasonably priced full color hardcover books, but keep in mind those really aren't an option for us. Our first customer is the distributors, and we cannot cut them out of the loop. So paying $20 per book from lulu.com would mean a $99.99 MSRP for you. ::(:

Couldn't it be a special edition thing for reapercon or something similar? The Reaper Sophies are just sold at Reapercon right? They aren't sold to distributors correct? Or the limited edition Resin Sophie statue thing? That was online only, and at the con I believe not to distributors.

I'm not saying it has to be made available everywhere.

Get the things numbered and sell them in limited quantities at RCon or online just before it. I'd rather see a limited edition full color hard-back book be available somewhere or sometime, then it never coming at all.

Your enthusiasm is appreciated, and be assured, Bigs, that we are exploring all options. We would like to see the Hardcover Full Color also. It's nice and presents a good image - people tend to assume that a full color hardback book is a "better" game, too, although why that should be confuses me. (( When I got into WH40k before I came to work for Reaper, the rulebook was a softback, B&W, color cover, though, and GW certainly makes more money than Reaper. I have no idea if their latest book is a color H/C or not, though...))

We need to be sure such a thing fits into our business and sales models, so I do ask for your patience as we do our best to bring you the best that we are able!

I might of came off as too strong in those above comments, as I was trying to post before running to work this morn. I just wanted to give my view on the whole distributor comment.

I know you guys are working on it and checking all your available options.

It does make for a more professional display of a game, and really wows people when they see it. I like to show off quick things in a book for what paint jobs could look like on minis, and what battles should look like. The awesomeness of a mini or a battle just doesn't do it justice in black and white.

Don't get me wrong, I will still be buying the new edition. For something like that, I like to keep a couple copies though. One to show off, and one to beat up and mangle at a game table looking up rules and abilities.

And the new WH40K (5th edition now?) is in hardback and color. Though the entire inside isn't in color ... only about half of it. Just FYI.

Hey, I'm just happy that there will be a book that is more than 20% relevant that I can put into someone's hand and say "here are the rules, you can get one over there" (points to store shelf or special orders counter)!! And under US$30 is also a plus, B/W not withstanding.