Sign in to follow this  
Wilwarin

Reaper Eyebeast (2nd Contest Entry)

I painted an eyebeast for the second contest my local game store has going. My husband loves beholders so this will be his second one.

The first one I painted can be seen here.

I like how this one came out compared to that first one. So far, it has 5 votes and is in 2nd place! :D

Comments and Crits welcome and greatly appreciated!! :D

post-4937-1246829838_thumb.png

• Like 1

Very nice work on a very taxing model. Waaay too many eyes! The base adds a lot to the look, but what I best is the yellowing on the teeth. It is just creepy.

I would say perhaps some dark lining around the teeth/mouth might make it "pop." The same thing around the eye. Lastly I might consider putting in some blue veins to make it look blood shot.

It's good work, but I agree some blacklining would make it go to eleven.

I was going to, but I ran out of time. I was in the hospital last week when I was finishing it up and was lucky to even get it that far. Next time though..

I like.

Reaper has done more beholder variations over the years than any other company I can think of...

I like.

Reaper has done more beholder variations over the years than any other company I can think of...

Thank you :)

Yeah, I really like their models for the beholder. I want to try to get the other one that looks "older" and paint him! :)

Very nice! I have painted this one myself, and it is a pain doing all those eyes. I like the light reflections you did on the main eye. Good luck in the contest!

Very nice! I have painted this one myself, and it is a pain doing all those eyes. I like the light reflections you did on the main eye. Good luck in the contest!

Thanks! Yeah, those eyes are a pain; I always keep them for last lol.

Nice work on this figure. Our 3ed D&D group recently got beaten up by a group of beholders. They are scary monsters and no mistake.