New England paint day

dargrin

Hey all. It's been a while since we did one of these so I will see if there is interest.

I was thinking that we can have it at my house on Saturday Sept 12. This is 2 months away so I figured that if planning is nessessary this would give enough time.

I have room enough for 6 but I could seat a couple more if need be. If people so desire, I have a pool table that people can game on. I have a few pieces of terrain and many trees and a few hills.

So is there any interest out there?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have conferred with SheWhoMustBeObey'd and gotten the requsite clearance. I will be in the process of transferring to my next command and on leave so the US Navy shouldn't spoil my plans this time. I have an extra folding table (2' x 4') and several extral chairs and lights if the numbers begin to increase exponentially. Anyone interested in some Warlord matches? I've been dying to play since the release of the First Edition but have yet to rustle up opponents.

It's on my calendar.

In Sharpie.

I see your Sharpie and raise you: It's on my wife's calendar.

It's on my calendar.

In Sharpie.

I see your Sharpie and raise you: It's on my wife's calendar.

"My calendar" is really my wife's. You know, that whole, what's mine is mine and what's your is mine...

As far as she is concerned, if it isn't on the calendar, it does not exist, and anything written will take precedence.

[Living dangerously] I didn't even ask though, I just wrote it in. :ph34r: [/Living]

As far as Warlord, if there is space, I might be convinced to demo Warlord 2 for you :poke:

Edited by Qwyksilver

Note to self: Get sharpy but it on wife's calendar.

Plenty of space for gaming. I have Reven and Dwarven figs here. I have yet to do any battlefield testing with them.

That's 4! Anyone else want to come over?

That's one really long road trip...but I'll keep it in mind. It could definitely be made to work...and I'd love any extra chances to try out Warlord 2.

Remember you must now define what you mean by really long roadtrip. Four hours each way? Bah..day trip. 12 Hours to ReaperCon regular road trip, more than 12 hours long road trip. That of course is the western US definition. Out east I thinks its more like 1 hour each way = day trip, 2 hours each way = road trip, 3 hours each way = long road trip.

When I was in Hartford for business I drove down to Mystic for dinner (about an hour), they all thought I was nuts to go that far for dinner I didn't even think about it twice.

That's one really long road trip...but I'll keep it in mind. It could definitely be made to work...and I'd love any extra chances to try out Warlord 2.

Remember you must now define what you mean by really long roadtrip. Four hours each way? Bah..day trip. 12 Hours to ReaperCon regular road trip, more than 12 hours long road trip. That of course is the western US definition. Out east I thinks its more like 1 hour each way = day trip, 2 hours each way = road trip, 3 hours each way = long road trip.

When I was in Hartford for business I drove down to Mystic for dinner (about an hour), they all thought I was nuts to go that far for dinner I didn't even think about it twice.

1 hour - running errands, 3 hours - day trip, 7 hours - road trip, 14+ hours - long road trip.

Of course, I grew up in a rural area of SE Mass, where it was about 20 minutes just to get to a road that had more than 1 lane travelling in each direction.

Edited by Qwyksilver