Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Rescue at Rivenroar

Recommended Posts

[OOC] Wasn't sure what to roll with surprise myself, so did a perception and a regular 1d10 roll.. results of both below [/OOC]

 

1d10 Surprise: 4

Perception Surprise: 3+8 = 11

Initiative: 7+4 = 11

 

Taken aback by the sudden intrusion, Kaanite tips his chair backwards, floundering for balance for a moment hoping he hasn't been seen yet while regaining his footing. He begins to draw his twin blades, steeling himself for the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[OOC]I also rolled a perception check for the suprise. 2 fours in a row...I can tell already this is going to be a fun campaign. ;)[/OOC]

 

 

Suprise roll : 4+9 = 13

Initiative : 4+0 = 4

 

Grins is completely startled by the intrusion and stands there for a moment taking in the carnage unfolding in front of him. (Updated position = F4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“What the blazes… “ Valken says as he suddenly gets to his feet, which causes his chair to topple onto the floor.

 

[ooc]if allowed an action during the surprise round, Valken will use his Warlock Curse ability[/ooc]

 

 

Passive Perception = 17

Active Perception and Initiative check (1d20+7=11, 1d20+3=8)

Edited by Valken Hexlord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated Map reflecting before combat starts

 

updated pre-combat map

 

Also note I need everyone to give where they are again according to this maps coordinates

 

So far I have this as the start:

 

failed perception checks-

 

everyone but Calendor

 

Iniaitive Order:

20 hobgoblins

11 Kaanite

8 Valken

7 Brannor

6 Sturdy Oak

4 Grins Like Hyena

3 Calendor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #1

 

The hobgoblin continue to attack the people inside the tavern & smash up anther table.

 

The one (#1) on L4 moves toward the bartender/owner of the tavern. He gets over to L1 before a patron, a male farmhand moves to stop the hob. It works but the man pays with his life for the brave action.

 

(#2) L5 moves to F5 & cuts down a dwarven merchant at the table he is sitting at.

 

(#3) M7 moves up one to L7 & smashes the table into to halves, laughing & snorting the entire time.

 

(#4) O4 rushes the table (now at M4) & slaughters more people that are sitting at the table.

 

All this time the tavern patrons are panicking & are trying to move away from the hobgoblins blades, no one resists them, except the bartender. The grizzled old aged man grabs a longsword from under his bar prepares to attack the one coming to him

 

(I'll get a updated map tomorrow, hotter then all hell up in the comp room today/tonight, reason why I wasn't on much today)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Momentarily taken aback by the brash and sudden onslaught of a band of hobgoblins, Kaanite quickly recovers his balance and measures the scene unfolding before him for a split second before bellowing a loud roar and running at the hobgoblin distracted with his own self satisfaction at destroying a helpless table. Twin blades unsheathed Kaanite rushes headlong hoping to catch the brute unawares.

 

[OOC] Reaching the Hobgoblin at L7 = a 7square charge from my location keeping clear of tables/chairs

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2197260/ <- attack roll.. goofed and put campaign # instead of name in the slot... 1d20+8 = 18

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2198369/ <- damage roll, 1d8+5=8

[/OOC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no mistaken what’s happening as a Hobgoblin breaches into the second half of the tavern proper and cuts down a dwarf.

 

OH SH!T!!!…

 

Even as Valken stands he waves one arm toward the intruder (Hobgoblin #[email protected],5) and places a hex on it.

 

“GET TO YOUR FEET AND DEFEND YOURSELVES!” Valken shouts to the men he had been moments earlier playing cards with.

 

Figuring where there’s one such beast rampaging about there must be more he decides to implore another of his talents to aid him to go unnoticed.

 

Valkens brows narrow and his eyes briefly flash with a radiant light (Eyebite attack) as he glares at the Hobgoblin (#[email protected],5).

 

Hoping that the power he just employed had its intended effect he moves (to G,11) away from his current position to further confound his enemy.

 

Using the large fireplace for cover Valken tries and hide himself further so that he may catch any other Hobgoblins unawares.

 

 

Eyebite Attack vs Will: Damage plus Curse damage (1d20+3=16, 2d6+3=7), Hit Effect: Invisible to the target until the start of my next turn.

Stealth check: (1d20+4=13)

 

edit: Valken has Concealment from Shadow Walk Class Feature

Edited by Valken Hexlord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brannor reaches behind his chair and pulls the shield and scabbard from their cloth wrapping, swiftly and cooly strapping the shield to his left forearm and clipping the scabbard to his thick leather belt. With a smooth motion, the sword leaps from the scabbard, ringly loudly. As Brannor rounds the next table, the fireplace to his left he begins to call upon the might of Erathis to defend these innocents and watches the lead hobgoblin brutally murder a dwarven bystander.

 

And the call dies on Brannor's lips, and he stands in horror as the hobgoblin's swing reveals a blood red hand upon it's chest. The Red Hand is killing innocent farmers and working class stiffs, like Da, Mother and the girls. The house and the barn are burning and you're still cold, and sticky from where that hobgoblin's sword struck your ribs. You can hear the girls screaming, and Da's cries of anguish as he is cut down. But everything is cold and dark...

Edited by Qwyksilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rd 1 cont:

 

Kaanite

 

you shake off the inital shock of the hobs breaking into the bar & slaying common folk at their will. You draw your weapon & let out a loud scream & charge the one that destroyed one of the tables. You swing your blade at the creature but he somehow ducks out of the way & has this look of "Huh? You mean there is one that will fight back, good!!"

 

Valken

 

(note being that it's summer the fire obviously isn't lit :upside: )

 

You cast a menacing glare at the hobgoblin. Your eyes glow a dark red, the same happens to the hobgoblin, thou you feel like you lose the effect but do manage to cast the power on him, his eyes fade back to normal, thou he rubs his eyes & lets out a grunt pain as you damage him for 7 pts!!

Brannor

(no prob on the placeholder, thanks for keeping us in your thoughts thou)

The sight of the hobs, just brings back painful memories, epically ones of your father. Even thou the fist looks different (it's upside down vs the right-side up Red Hand of half-dragon warlord Azarr Kul). The similarities are just too much for you to bear, you stand frozen in place, as you see two of the bar patrons either raise a weapon or cast a spell & confront the humanoids.

 

Sturdy Oak

 

Seeing the hobgoblins attack the people causes a fire to burn inside you. You see the other folk start to stand up to the hobgoblins. A half-orc raise his blades to one,a unarmored man cast a spell on the one closest to you. As the hobgoblin grabs his face in pain, you jump out of your seat, knocking it over, as you rush towards #2, while he is distracted. (SO is now on E5). You roar like a primal animal as you swing your greataxe down upon the hobgoblin (using Devastating Attack). (Damn, I rolled a 20 using dice bag off of http://www.penpaperpixel.org/tools/d20dicebag.htm ha ha) TOTAL 23 Your axe strikes the hobgoblin for a mighty 16 pts!!! In response to the blow, you quickly follow up with anther attack (using Rampage) which hit as well for anther 8 pts of damage!! Bring the total of the Great axe damage to 24 pts!! The hobgoblin drops like a rock, it's head & left arm fall 2 feet away from the rest of it. You let yourself have a grin upon seeing the decapitated creature "For my uncle!" you cry out.

 

Grins like a Hyena

 

(awaiting actions)

 

COMBAT NOTES: #2 is dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calendor, lets out a fustrated sigh and slams his book down on the table. He reaches back and grabs his staff leaning against the chair. He lets loose with a blast of blue energy at the nearest goblin rolling a 15 vs Reflex.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2201988/

The attack was aimed to get the Goblin's attention as the missle strikes for 6 damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2201989/ (or misses) grazing his cheek. Calendor Jumps up from his chair and assumes a battle stance, his staff in hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the tavern turns into a slaughter house, Grins stands in place in a daze.

 

Suddenly he is enveloped in a red mist as the Hobgoblin that is within arms reach of him gets cut down by the hulking barbarian he was only moments ago speaking to. His fight or flight responses kick in and he snaps to attention and deftly slithers to the bar to get a better view of the entrance thats being blocked by the fireplace. (move action to H3)

 

He observes the bartender draw his weapon and catches a glimpse of a hobgoblin masterfully duck the oncoming blow of a charging half-orc.

 

"I must help those willing to fight!" he thinks to himself as his hands twirl in circular motions in front of him. "Join me in battle!" he exclaims as as ghostly hyena appears, gnashing its teeth and cackling at its foes. (minor action -> Call Spirit Companion ->L2)

 

A great feeling of comfort and easiness overcomes him at the sight of his companion and he finishes the motions with his hands. A misty trail shoots forth from him which erupts into a gaggle of howling spirits circling to and fro around the hobgoblin that is trying to evade the half orcs attacks. (Haunting Spirits attack on #3. 4+4=8 vs Will. Combat advantage granted to Kaanite if a hit...damage:2+4=6)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...