Whoops, so Nightmare black has a tint of blue in it.......

haldir

So I'm painting the inside of the body shell on a F1 (Indy 500 style racing) model & I decided since Tamiya's acrylics dry pretty quickly (being alcohol based) I'd just use a bottle of Reaper for the job. So I was looking in the shipper box I have of the new Pro Paints I bought last year but never have really done anything with, but been wanting to use them. I find "Nightmare black" figured eh black is black. Now I know Slime black is green black, but it didn't dawn on me that Dragon Black was the black-black of the set.

So I have my body ready to brush & I see anther model I'm working on with a spot that will be covered but it's one of those things that'll annoy you cause it complete, so I go & brush some paint on that spot---BLUE-Black!! WHOOPS!! Good thing it'll be out of sight when the body is on.

Sigh, I guess I'm glad that part was annoying me or I'd have bluish black in spots that I need pure black on the model I was gonna paint + it would be really annoying as this is the 1st model I've completed this year (yah scary I COMPLETED something this year). Just putting on the final touches on it & it'll be complete.

RM

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

Yep, Blood Black is red-black, Slime Black is green-black, and Nightmare Black is blue-black. :;): MSP Blue Liner is also a blue-black with a little more transparency (makes a better wash than the Nightmare Black). We also have a red-black, green-black and purple-black coming out this month for Master Series. ::):

--Anne ::):

Yep, Blood Black is red-black, Slime Black is green-black, and Nightmare Black is blue-black. :;): MSP Blue Liner is also a blue-black with a little more transparency (makes a better wash than the Nightmare Black). We also have a red-black, green-black and purple-black coming out this month for Master Series. ::):

--Anne ::):

:wub::wub: