Smokin'

All alone in the night

Jack quickly sizes up the situation. The woman in front of him doesn't seem to be a threat, but there's an unknown number of bad guys who may be coming around the corner any second. His best option would be to run, but his client is panicking. Persuading him to get up and move would take too much time -- by that time, the bad guys would probably be around the corner.

There's nobody else around. They've got PPG's. If they decide to leave no witnesses, we're in deep ####. Running's out, which only leaves fighting. But they've got PPG's, and I don't. I'm going to have to take them by complete surprise, or I'm dead. #### -- I don't even know how many of them there are!

Wait a minute. She knew to run broken-field when trying to get away from gunfire, so she's had some kind of training. Military? Security? Don't know, but she can probably fight, and she doesn't seem likely to panic. If there's just two of them, and I can persuade her to help me ambush them, I might be able to come out of this with both me and my client alive.

It's not much, but it's the best he's got.

In the few seconds it takes for these thoughts to go through his head, Jack flattens himself against the wall, moving as close to the corner as he can while staying out of sight of anyone coming around the corner. Turning to the woman, he asks, "How many people were shooting at you?"

"Two of them. I didn't stop to take Name, Rank and Serial Number, but I remember seeing two of them reaching inside their jackets before the PPG's started firing." Says Missy as she moves along the wall, in order to allow the man to peak around the corner. "My partner took one in the chest when they jumped us, I only just had time to duck and run."

"Good, then if you'll help, we can take 'em. I'll jump one when he comes around the corner, you take the other one. Try to grab his gun hand, OK? I'd hate to get shot in the back while I'm taking the other one down."

So saying, Jack pulls his shock-stick out of its carrying pocket inside his flak jacket and waits, flattened against the corner, to nail the first person he sees coming around that corner with a gun.

"Ambushing from inside a Starfury I can do, but this is ground-pounder work. Oh well."

Shrugging to herself, Missy takes her cue from the stranger and flattens herself against the wall and waits for the moment to spring the trap.

Meanwhile, not too far away.....

Darius stomped back into his office, smiling as he did. He slung his gear into the corner of the room. "Well another transaction done and this time I didn't even have to speak with Londo. I hate the way  he tries to con me out of the money he has just paid me. Vir is so much easier to deal with. So I wonder who will want some of these beauties." he thinks to himself as he reaches down and pulls a small box out from his flight gear, opening up he sees an assortment of fine Centari products all hard to come by without the proper contacts. The Centauri ambassador liked to keep a good stock of rare wines and found smuggling them in far cheaper than paying the duties due on them,  as a side line Darius arranged for other items to also be shipped in at the same time. Well no point wasting an opportunity to make profit. The ambassador was easily able to arrange for Darius to be one of the shuttle pilots ferrying supplies and people off the ship. "I wonder who the two humans I saw were?" Darius asks himself while he carefully hides the box in his back office, thinking back to the couple he saw on the Centari ship.

He starts to head for the door planning to go to the Zocalo. "Now 3 days time till the supply run from Earth should arrive and by god they better have coffee with them this time, otherwise Garibaldi is gonna shove me out of the nearest airlock. If Ivanova doesn't get .." Darius's thought process tails off as the beeper on his office door tells him someone is outside

The man who enters is carrying a small electronic pad. He is smaller, almost wirey but certainly no weakling. He brushes a hand through his hair as the door slides open. "Evening, Mr Darke. How did that part I replaced hold up?"

"Hello, Reagan. Fine, just fine"

"Any problems with the, ..er, shipment?"

"None whatsoever, everything was fine, how are things at your end ?" Before waiting for a reply Darius continues talking. "Oh, one thing of some interest on that Centari ship, I saw an unusual human couple on it. He was, I guess one would say handsome, she though was quite rough looking. They didn't seem to belong together, anyway they were heading for a passenger shuttle so I figure they will be already on the station. If you hear anything about them I would be interested. So fancy a drink I was just planning to head for the Zocalo."

Before Reagan can reply, the chirrup of the door announces another visitor.

As it opens, the shadow of a large, heavy built man is cast across the office floor. He is dressed in the thick, dirty coveralls of a dockworker and, even from the way he stands both men can see he appears to be in some discomfort.

As he enters, he seems a bit surprised that Darius is not alone.

He pauses, looking the stranger up and down. He seems a little nervous.

"Uh, Darius. We need to talk man."

As he says this, he eyes the stranger meaningfully, rubbing the small of his back unconsciously.

Darius is somewhat surprised to see Jack Daw when suddenly a light bulb flashes on in his mind. "Damn I owe his 100 credits from last week. How the hell did that slip my mind ?" He thinks to himself.

"Jack, I am sorry man I know why you are here. It had totally slipped my mind what with the Centari ship coming in and some other issues that are still hanging over me." Turning to Reagan he says "Sorry Reagan this will only take a second. Reagan this is Jack, Jack, Reagan." With introductions made Darius returns his attention to Jack. "How about I give you 110 credits to cover any inconvience I may have caused ?"

Reagan opens his hand to shake at the introduction while giving jack the once over to see what could have him so distrought.  "Nice to meet you Jack."  as Reagan starts heading to the door he turns his head to Darius, "tell ya what Darius I'll wait outside and you can fill me in on the centari visitors.  and a drink would hit the spot."

Reagan settles outside the office while compiling his thoughts as what project is next on his list and how he can change the schedule to get himself closer to the Centari ship and start looking for the couple for Darius.

"Yeah sure Reagan, I will be with you in a couple of minutes. Thanks" Darius replies. Once Reagan has exited the room Darius continues to talk to Jack "so how about it then 110 and then come join us for a drink in the Zocalo ?"

Jack shakes Reagan's hand firmly and smiles openly.

"It's nice to meet you too Reagan. We won't be long, it seems."

Jack watches Reagan leave the room, then turns to Darius.

"It's not like you to be late Darius. You've always done right by me before. I'm just happy it was a simple mistake. Now, 100 credits is what you owe me, although I will take you up on your offer for a drink."

Jack claps Darius warmly on the shoulder.

"Ok Jack give me a minute do you want cash or transfer ?" On hearing Jack's reply Darius sorts the money out for Jack. "Ok now that's settled lets go get that drink."

As he steps out the office he turns to Reagan, "Ok all sorted, lets go hit the bar." As he wanders up the corridors towards the elevators he describes the odd human couple he saw on the Centari ship.

OOC

Sorry for the delay

<OOC> Hope you weren't waiting for me, I was waiting for a description of the bar</OOC>

Jack takes the 100 credits on a transfer chip, then follows behind the other two. He could really go for a cold drink.

The elevator arrived after not to long and then they were hurtling along the side of B5. It always struck Darius as wrong that the elevators move sideways but that's space stations for you. Still even wierder was that people of the opposite side of the station were upside down.

The doors opened into the Zucalo which was in it's usual state of chaos, with tourists and locals looking for who knows what. As they head through the market heading for a bar Darius keeps an eye out for any traders that might be interested in his latest Acquisitions. He enters one of the bars surrounding the Zucalo. Being new to the station he has yet to decide which is his preffered hang out and just chooses one at random.

"Ok gentlemen what can I get you ?"