Sign in to follow this  
DavidVC04

Nurgle Sorcerer

Photographing minis is not all that simple, and I get what you mean about not getting in close because of the size. That being said, your photo still shows off just how Nurgly he is!!!

I'd bet that model pops right off the gaming table. I can tell by the contrasts in the recesses of the skin, cloak, and staff.

Kings to you!!!

I like it...colors really pop. For me some pinkish purple (like gw warlock purple) would have been nice in some random areas on the horse. Give it that nurgly diseased look. Plus it would go nicely with the green. I love the fly on the shoulder pad too!!!! great job!!

Also if the legs got gradually darker as it got closer to the ground that would force perspective up to the face...which will make the colors pop even further. Anyways, rock on...24 hours is not that bad at all!!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I like how this guy turned out, though there are some flaws. The biggie is a mold line that I couldn't get to very well with my files. Maybe I gave up too easily. I really need to buy and learn to use a Dremel. But the line runs across the horse's haunch in a concave portion that I had trouble getting at; it will probably keep me from entering it into any competitions. Still, it's a great sculpt and I had fun doing it.

I added a CMON link to the front and appreciate any votes, though I'm pretty skeptical of the site. Some awesome minis get banged and some so-so ones do really well, sometimes. Anyhow....