Thelgen Halfblood, orc barbarian

Lyn

Here is a D&D piece that I did for a friend.

I really had a lot of fun painting him.

Only thing that stinks is that my sister's "super-dee-duper" digital camera, picked up a ding that I could have sworn I painted. lol Oh well, he was still super happy when he saw it!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/229187

Please vote and remember: for every time that an artist does not support their fellow artists, a mini gets a big and unsightly mold line!!! Don't let this happen to you, friends! :poke:

post-5554-1250054812_thumb.jpg

post-5554-1250054861_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Been hanging out on the boards for awhile just don't post much. I like your skin tones on this mini ::): But the metal bit on the end of the ax keeps grabbing my eye. It looks like it could be a bit of the casting. I am not sure I don't own that mini. If I am wrong I am sorry my eyes are getting bad. Old age 8(.

I like your stuff keep pumping them out and work on that photo fu!!

Never thought of painting this guy green! Puts a whole different spin on him!! Keep practicing!!! and yeah...thats a piece of flash on the end of his ax. Dont worry too much...I have done the same thing!!! Next time you see your friend, just casually stroll over and break that thing off....then pull paints from your pocket and touch it up!!! Should be fine. Ha ha!!

Very nice work on the skintones. The metal is good too. It looks like you are improving with each miniature!

Also, I would suggest that the fun was not related to the orciness of the miniature, but rather the barbaric splendor of it...

*hopes blatant attempt at getting more people to paint barbarians for his viewing pleasure works*

Mmmmmmm..... beeeeeeeeefcaaaake! :wub:

You've done well with this guy, especially the skin with all the highlights. It's just so much fun painting all those muscley-muscles, ain't it. :D

Agreeing with John Lee that you might consider just a step more of highlight on the leather parts to match his fleshy parts.

And also agreeing with Steven Page (whoever the heck HE is) when he says that Spike would very much like to make your Thelgen part of the 2010 All-Orcs Beefcake Calendar.

Ahh I can almost hear the voice-over now... Thelgen...the beefy part of a nutritious balanced orc-fest!