joshuaslater

Gone Chronoscope.

After sending some 300 odd proofs of purchase to Marie Post to use at Reapercon, I now have only a few lying around and they are all Chronoscope, or CAV. I've bought some Reaper fantasy models, but the bulk of my Reaper buying is all Chronoscope.

Have you been seduced by this range too??

I like the fact that the Bathalian Exarch can be used for my Darkspawn in Warlord, a variation of mind flayin' evil for fantasy, or in a Cthulhu/Pulp game. The way it's assembled is truly inspiring.

It's almost all I buy right now. I even get the ones from genres I'm not really interested in because I like the model. Plus since a lot of them have different options, I find myself buying multiples.

I did pick up a few Dark Heaven last week though. My old store closed and the only other places that carry them near me have a small selection. The old place carried all the Dark Heaven stuff so I'd pick some up every few weeks. Now I just do a big order from Reaper when enough Chronoscope stuff I don't have yet is out.

I was already in the habit of taking certain Dark Heaven and Warlord guys and converting them with CAV bits and Hasslefree and GW weapons in the first place. So for me, Chronoscope was a real no-brainer. It just made my life more convenient.

But I don't buy the whole line willy-nilly. There's a lot in the line I am not impressed with, to give the awful truth. There's plenty that I dig, don't get me wrong. But sometimes it seems to me that certain models were just sculpts lying around that they figured they might as well put out eventually. And the scale drifts much more badly than in the other lines. Normally, I don't mind that much, but it's visible enough in some cases for me to just not want some sculpts on the table with others, and has caused me to put off purchasing quite a few models.

As to my Chrono-to-Other ratio, I'd say Chronoscope accounts for not quite half of my Reaper purchases of the past year, and about 1/6th of my overall minis purchases.

There are a few clunkers in the line, 'tis true, when comparing to other lines that specialize in modern or pulp figures, but there's enough good stuff to keep me happy.

It's just that the sculpts I like tremendously I do the same thing, and get two; I know I'll be converting anyway!!

fantasy will always be my first choice, but Chronoscope has had some nice minis in it lately.

I will say I buy more new DHL releases then Chrono thou.

RM

I love Chronoscope. Our DHL and Warlord sculpts are awesome, yes, but there's something so fresh and carefree with Chronoscope, I get happy just thinking about it. I really love the range.

Yes, I know I work here, but they're not paying me to espouse my opinion. :;):