Jump to content

Lorderl

The World needs Heroes! Game

Recommended Posts

El Elegante helps settle the wounded man in the wagon. He grabs any fabric he can to craft a makeshift pillow and cover the man realising blood loss must be chilling him. Carefully he unstoppers the potion and gently places it to his mouth. "There you go," he says trying to sound soothing. "You'll be up cleaving goblins in no time. " He continues to offer support as he slowly administers the potion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrow’s Edge Group

“Well then, if we're to know what trouble brews in Barrow’s Edge we best get to it then” Sten replies to the news about the hamlet

 

 

All the below takes places within 30-45mins...

Working together you manage to upright the overturned wagon. Once righted, Sten directs you to help her rearrange the wagon's contents to transport the wounded and dead.

 

“If we hurry, we should be able to arrive at Barrow’s Edge before dark” Sten comments [ooc]this is not the case, it’s just what Sten believes/hopes. It will be dark before your group reaches the hamlet. I’m only clarifying/notifying to avoid confusion later[/ooc]

 

"There, I'll introduce you to the hamlet's leaders and we can all find out about this trouble that’s come up while I was away," Sten says

 

"I'm particularly eager to learn why the goblins have turned so violent. This road used to be safe, let me tell you" she adds

 

After the wagon is righted, the remaining horse secured and hitched up (the other lays dead), everyone is ready to resume the journey to Barrow's Edge. Several hours of travel still lie between where you are now and the hamlet of Barrow's Edge.

 

 

As you roleplay, please indicate the position you’ll be taking about wagon.., ie, the sides, the front and back (how far ahead or trailing behind) etc..

 

 

Wilderness Group

While not willing to leave another member of your party behind, you continue your slow pace through the wilderness. Surely this selfless act of comradery will be the binding tie that you all will share in future adventures.

 

You travel only another several minutes when the survival of your group will surely be put to the test, as Pecos trailing behind spots the wolves moving passed some brushes.

 

There are four of them and they are coming fast. The wolves will start off 70ft away.

 

 

Round 1 begins! for Wilderness Group

Pecos, your up…

 

 

we’ll be using the same combat map, except that there is no hillock

_____________________________________

Notes & Encounter Details

Barrow’s Edge Group

Ellaric heals 9hps (now at 5hps)

 

 

Wilderness Group

Battle Map for the Wilderness Group

Initiative Count Initiative Roll

Pecos (P1) 18 (Higher Dex)

Wolves (W1-W4) 18

Kelana (K1) 6

Gilaim (G1) 6 (Disabled)

 

Tree Trunks, meaning spaces you cannot enter, but you can enter the spaces around them.

(K,5), (V,7), (A1,37), (V,41), (P,43), (K,45)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"They're upon us!" Pecos Jack exclaims as the forms of the wolves emerge from the underbrush before busting out in a sprint northwards with a few lengthy hops. His bow already drawn, he takes aim at the northern wolves; the wood creaking as it flexes.

 

Releasing the arrow, he glimpses over his shoulder to assess his companion's reactions to the presence of the additional beasts as a yelp echoes off in the distance. Refocusing on his target, he is disappointed to see it still sprinting towards him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After helping right the wagon, load the goods and get the wounded and dead aboard Alsera feels very tired. Her wounded shoulder aches* and she just wants to lie down and sleep. Tired, she crawls into the back of the wagon and makes a place for herself against a bag of something lumpy. She sets her crossbow on her lap and leans back, looking out the back end of the wagon.

 

"Let me know when we arrive."

 

 

* Alsera is at 1 hp and knows it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"#--#--#$@%!", Kelana growls as she hears the wolves are coming. She lets go of Gilaim, trusting he can still more or less stand on his own, then takes a step to place herself between him and the pair of wolves coming from the east.

 

She takes aim and shoots at the one on the right. Seeing her arrow hit its mark, she suspects she only succeeded in making the wolf madder, but then again, one can never know. Maybe the arrow found a tender spot.

 

 

---

 

OOC wOOt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilderness Group

Wolves

The wolves charge forward, each looking to take down their prey viciously

 

The wolves (W1-W2) attack Kelana, the first just misses, but the attack was enough of a distraction that the second wolf manages to get a solid bite that tears into your flesh. The loss of blood leaves you hurting badly as you try and stay on your feet (your currently Disabled)

 

Kelana, roll an opposed DC4 Trip check or fall prone

 

 

Pecos, since you moved into the other two wolves path they both come after you. The wolves (W3-W4) attack, again as with Kelana, the first wolf misses and the second scores a solid bite

 

Pecos, roll an opposed DC16 Trip check or fall prone

 

 

Kelana, your up…

whether you fall prone or not, your Disabled, and firing your bow will drop you to -1hps. If you do fall prone, firing the bow will draw an AOO

 

_____________________________________

Notes & Encounter Details

Wilderness Group

Battle Map updated for the Wilderness Group

Wolf (W1) Attack Misses Kelana

Wolf (W2) Attack Hits Kelana for -5hps, Kelana is at 0hps & Disabled

Wolf (W3) Attack Misses Pecos

Wolf (W4) Attack Hits Pecos for -4hps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pecos Jack falls to the ground with a grunt.

 

Stoic in the end, he stares at the fangs of his assailants and smiles; closing his eyes for the inevitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

El Elegante takes his place beside Sten in the front of the wagon. He places his loaded crossbow in his lap, a quiver of bolts at his feet and his fiddle beside him on the bench. "Keep us moving as fast as the horse can pull us. Keep your eyes open for trouble. Hopefully we can outrun any attempted ambushes. If not, stay as hidden as you can. I'll likely not have time for more than one shot from this," he says patting his crossbow. "I'll drop it after that. You're free to use it if you like. If I start playing the fiddle, don't worry, I've not gone mad. There's magic in these strings and it may give us the boost we need to survive another fight. If things look bad run for it. You may not like the manner in which I proposed our bargain, but rest assured I will honor it with my life. None will do you harm while I live."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling a bit more like his self, Ellaric grabs his bow from the brush & his discarded pack & prepares for the journey. He thanks El Elegante for the potion. "The goblins in these are woods are bigger then I expected." I'll walk beside the wagon on the left side & if needed ride on the left side as well. My bow is out & ready to use if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilderness Group

Finale

Pecos

You hit the ground with one of the wolves still tearing at your trousers. You glance to your companions and see Kelana fall like a tree, and Gilaim with his injuries is rooted in place. Knowing or sensing that the end is near you accept your fate, and for the final time you call out one of your famous titles

 

“They call me Pecos Jack, Terror of ….”, then the wolves tear into your flesh

 

 

Kelana

With the injuries you’ve sustained your unable to maintain your footing, you fall to the ground flat on your back. The air rushes out of your lungs and the will to even move escapes you. You look over and see Gilaim standing with a Kukri still in hand, drawing a breath you call out to him

 

“GIVE 'EM HELL GILLY!" then the wolves end your suffering quickly

 

 

Gilaim

You watch as your companions take the full brunt of the wolves attack. You wonder what could possess an odd pair such as a gnome and half-orc to stand by your side till the very end. You find yourself asking, would you have done the same for them?

 

The question trails to the back of your mind as instinctively your grip tightens on your weapon as you know that you’ll never outrun these wolves in your current state. With words filled with fierce determination you offer up a challenge to the wolves

 

“Come on you mangy dogs, I’ll not meet my end like a running hare”

 

Slowly the wolves surround and begin to circle you. As the wolves prepare to attack you withdraw your other Kukri and assume a dwarven stance. The wolves launch at you, and with blades twirling you make a final battle cry in honor of the two whom did not abandon you.

 

“FOR KELANA! FOR PECOS JACK!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrow’s Edge Group

“What type of guards do pray tell are you all suppose to be?” Sten says as everyone either gets onto the wagon or clings to it.

 

Stens point of view is that guards should be about on foot protecting her and the wagon as did her previous guards. She has no real knowledge of combat in any form.

 

Elegante, you note that Sten gets a little jittery with the mention of another ambush, though it was on her mind anyways, hearing someone else state it openly only seems to have confirmed her fears.

 

Elegante, as you proceed to give Sten a flurry of directions you can see in her eyes that your just making her uncomfortable, she is obviously a simple merchant, much of what your saying is going over her head. Sten glances several times back and forth between the road and you as you talk of her being involved in another battle. You can see that continuing to speak to her of combat will only freak her out even more. You also recall the awkward manner in which she held the crossbow earlier and realize that a weapon of any sort in her hands is a danger to anyone around her, including herself!

 

The day begins to wane as the overcast sky brings the early shadows of darkness along with it. Clearly it will be twilight/dark before you reach Barrow’s Edge

 

 

Here a MAP of the dirt road

 

[ooc]The orientation of the map isn’t necessarily the direction your traveling, its just to show the general view of the terrain and road width, so it could easily be viewed horizontally instead of vertically [/ooc]

 

_____________________________________

Notes & Encounter Details

Barrow’s Edge Group

Road Map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Were no guards, or at least I'm not, just a simple traveller in these lands." Ellaric says to Sten.

 

With Sten being a bit jumpy, I try to move away from the wagon, if there is a ambush I don't want to near it if it gets attacked. Knowing the aggressive tendencies of the critters in this land, I try to at least give myself some time to react.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game has come to an end, thank you all for participating :poke:

 

remember, always swing first and swing hard (just don't miss, hehe :blink::lol: ), good adventuring to all :lol::wub::poke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×