Jump to content

Lorderl

The World needs Heroes! Game

Recommended Posts

Kelana steps up to the dwarf's hospitable challenge.

 

"I'm no sissy.", she says and holds out her hand nervously to accept a mugful. "Y--you---didn't p-p---pee in it, did you?"

 

She takes one good sniff and fails to detect anything out of sorts, and then drinks it down. The taste is even more powerful than the smell, and within a few seconds she feels the pleasant sort of fever that comes with good stout drink.

 

She spins round on one heel when she hears what sounds like a small wild animal behind her, but sees it is only the poor elven lady fallen backward off the log. The woman, who just five minutes ago was trilling along about how lovely the afternoon would be, was now laughing or snorting or choking or a mixture of all. Kelana goes over to help her.

 

"Hey...Sera? Need help?", Kelana asks as she tries to pick the poor woman up by grasping her beneath her arms from behind and then hoisting her back up onto the log. Once she is sure Alsera can keep herself balanced, Kelana looks around for the water bottle she had seen her drinking from just a few moments earlier.

 

She hands Sera the bottle. "Drink it down...and don't puke on me."

 

Kelana then wanders back over to the rest of the group to find out more about what is going on in Barrows Edge. It seems to her that having a drink makes meeting people far less awkward.

 

FORT check for drinking dwarven bock (1d20+5=24)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelana, you help Alsera back up onto the log. The elf seems coherent enough, well she recognized her name anyways. You balance her in place and hand her the waterskin. After only taking a few step away, you hear some fuss behind you where you left Alsera with Pecos.

 

Pecos, your close enough to try and catch Alsera and prevent her from falling over again, Reflex DC19

 

of course if you fail she tumbles anyways, fail by 5 or more and you tumble over with her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1d20 -> 15+5 = 20

 

Content with letting the fuzzy world play out in front of him, Pecos Jack leans on the log, enjoying the buzz the rather strong dwarven bock gave him. Not a stranger to drunken revelrys, though, he notices the all too familiar pattern of swaying that many a drunk have exhibited before face planting radiating from the elf named Sera.

 

"Whoa lass!" He exclaims, hopping over the log to prop her up from behind, his shoulder leaning into hers.

 

"Don't go falling out on us!" he chuckles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing that the little guy has the elf in good hands, Kelana approaches the group feeling a bit more loose-lipped and sociable.

 

"Who here's from Barrowsedge? I heard talk Barrowsedge got troubles."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zouk suddenly feels a bit over whelmed with all the sudden activity and he begins to stutter and turn deep red. Even though used to being in a large group of people, Zouk still always got the same way when in such situations which made him the laughing stock of his homeland when he was a young aspiring bard. The only thing he was able to say without messing up was " Greetings and Salutation" When the conversation comes up on where he was heading he would respond in a voice barely above a squeaked whisper " I...I... I have n..nn..no place in par...particular. I w..was just following the winds."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Winds? What win---- OH! THOSE winds!", Kelana replies, a bit embarrassed for having misunderstood. "You're like me then. You go wherever you want til somebody tells you to leave.". Kelana recalls several of her more recent run-ins with various landowners and shire-reeves.

 

"Ever been to Barrowsedge, then?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ophelia is wide eyed at the goings on around her, giggling at the effects of the bock on the others at the wayside. Though Asturina lets out a screech of warning, the girl shrugs and gives the angry dwarf a wide smile. "I'll take your challenge, as the daughter of a barkeep I'll hope not to shame my family." Her naivete all but shines from her eyes as she accepts the stout.

 

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2227103/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelana steps up to the dwarf's hospitable challenge.

 

"I'm no sissy.", she says and holds out her hand nervously to accept a mugful. "Y--you---didn't p-p---pee in it, did you?"

 

"I oonly reserve me golden streems fer bes fraiends! HAHAHAHAHAHA " Slapping Gilaim on the shoulder. "Now thees is goood stuff!"

 

"I'll take your challenge, as the daughter of a barkeep I'll hope not to shame my family."

 

"I'll remembur thos wurds lass ... an I'll promise not ter tickle yer feet when ya hit tha grrrouwnd! HAHAHAHA! OOOOOO"

 

As he watches people stumble on themselves ..

 

"HHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA OOOOOOOOOO"

 

Over the log ....

 

"OOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA"

 

barely stand strong in the face of blurred perceptions ...

 

"HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAA"

 

Bran watches his stout have mixed results within the crowd. His mood has become much brighter from all the laughing and swaying. Nothing quite like a good pint and people that can't handle dwarven spirits to get a dwarf back in a smiling mood.

 

Standing up while chuckling and wiping a tear from his eye ...

"U shoor no how ta poot ah mahn bak n tha righ mood! YOOU ARR all welcome to tha discount at me shop. I makes some o tha finest armour'n tha area. Nuthin tooo fahncee bu its solid quality an i stik by me worrrk. If ya happen by Stallanford look me up an we'll have another dreenk! HAHAHAHAHA!"

 

After many hobbling attempts, Bran hops back on the wagon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stepping out from a building, Ellaric makes his way over to the party, epically the elf with the hawk. He leans toward her & whispers "I told you to wait for my signal, remember what happen last time."

 

Referring to the roadside tavern/inn a few days ago that erupted into a big fight over something so small as a spilled ale & with that Ellaric gives a slight smirk. The 2 of them had met around the border between the Republic of Darokin & Karamekios. At first is was for safety in numbers. The mtn pass that is the Duke's Keep Road wasn't deadly as many, as it was patrolled by the Duke's guard. In the end it became a friendship, epically for Ellaric, who's life was ripped from him when the orc invaders from Thar ravaged his small village of Rennydale & slaid his wife, Shaylla & took their only child, his son Darek.

 

 

"Greetings Savah, greetings everyone, name is Ellaric Whiteraven of Darokin. I was over by the building resting a bit from the road when I heard voices & couldn't help myself to wander over here. It's been awhile since I've seen faces that were more or less friendly or at least not wanting to swindle you out of your last gold or stick a blade in your gut & then take your gold.

 

"I hope you don't take this the wrong way, master dwarf but I do not partake in alcoholic beverages now, not since my life was turned upside down."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ellaric Whiteraven of Darokin. I was over by the building resting a bit from the road when I heard voices & couldn't help myself to wander over here. It's been awhile since I've seen faces that were more or less friendly or at least not wanting to swindle you out of your last gold or stick a blade in your gut & then take your gold.

 

"I hope you don't take this the wrong way, master dwarf but I do not partake in alcoholic beverages now, not since my life was turned upside down."

 

"Nun taken sir. Thas jus mowr fer me! Eric Vonwhitehawk of ... er ...Darkinshire ... er uh .. yoor'n good hands wit thees folek. If thees freendlies weel vouch fer ya, yoor more than welcome to sum stout ah me place, if tha path o spirits everrr takes ya again. You half to have somethin tooo wash thOse days o sadness oway wit lad."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Who here's from Barrowsedge? I heard talk Barrowsedge got troubles."

“now what trouble might those be?”

 

“I haven’t been in Stallanford for several days and would much appreciate any news you’ve heard. Been on the road back from Penhaligon more than a day and a half now and no others on the road made no mention of troubles in the region.” Dornal says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Bran, I’d ask to accompany ye back to Stallanford, but I doubt that wagon is capable of carrying more’n one dwarf at a time. Besides, I’m still on leave till the morrow, no point in rushing back” Dornal adds blowing a pillowing cloud of smoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelana looks at the dwarf for a monent, and then turns to the others and asks them collectively, "You all... y-y-you heard it too, right? Th--that Barrowsedge was looking for people to come help them, right? And..and...there was a... umm... a reward? Right?"

 

She then asks the old woman, who she suspects to be more hard-of-hearing due to her apparent age.

 

"HAVE -- YOU -- HEARD -- ANY -- THING -- ABOUT -- B-BARROW'S -- EDGE?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×