Hand Drill

Bumble_B

I have an el cheapo hand drill that has been bothering me for a tick. The end of it doesn't swivel, so as I drill and use my hand to apply pressure, the palm of my hand gets rubbed off and kinda provides resistance, making it harder to drill. I am looking for a hand drill that has a swivel end that prevents this.

I was looking at the games workshop hand drill, but was unsure it the end swiveled.

Yes, I have a dremmel ... but I need a hand drill too. ::P:

Does anyone have a hand drill they love and wouldn't mind sharing?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one like this which I picked up at the local hobby shop a number of years ago:

pin_vice.jpg

Sorry, I don't recall what the brand name was. The hex head on the end rotates, to aleviate that problem you have with the one you are using. Don't get locked into buying only GW tools, or only from you local gaming shop. Check out a local full-service hobby shop or craft store and you will find just what you are looking for, and probably for less money. :lol:

Ours is from micro-mark, looks and feels just like the newer rubber-gripped pin-vise I've seen from Citadel/GW, and cost not nearly as much. It has a rubber finger-grip and a rubber, swivelling butt that fits easily into the crux of your palm.

I love Micro-Mark!