Gamer dating site

Maltique

Found another possible dating site whilst reading my daily dose of webcomics (what does it say when most webcomics have ads for dating services on them?).

Geek-to-Geek The ad specifically mentions "fans of Comic-Con dating" but there should be some overlap.

I was about to post that site. I asked my game group over the weekend about it and this was the site they gave me.

Got some funny looks from my wife asking about dating sites, though! :wacko:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, so hard for us geeky guys to luck out with great gals sometimes.

I'm in the same boat as many of you single guys I guess. I work nights, and all my hobbies are kinda "niche" I guess.

Crap, i would be fine with a steady IM buddy sometimes. /sadface

Ok, going to stop feeling sorry for myself and try to finish pinning a mini!

Like some of the rest of you, my wife doesn't game, but she's happy that I have hobbies that I enjoy. Would it be nice if she gamed as well? Sure. But, it's more important to us that we have similar beliefs, perspectives on the world, and understandings of what is important in life.

Ron

Ahh, so hard for us geeky guys to luck out with great gals sometimes.

Hey, it's hard for the gals too!

Yep!

Well, it WAS.

I found my husband at Reaper. Was asked to marry him at Reaper.

As we now jokingly say Reaper's new slogan should be: "Reaper: A Place for Love".

I dunno if anyone else will have the same luck - but it worked for me!

So now I'm just waiting for there to be a singles subforum on here. Now how funny would that be for someone new comming to check out the boards.

Maybe I should dust off my mini case and go to Reapercon from the sounds of it. It could be the one place where saying, "Hi I like painting little miniature wizards." would not be a bad thing. Though if the conversation ever got to the point of being what else I do then It could be a problem. Through a process call collecting, I've found that I managed to fill my house with girlbane.

I am proof that, in the right relationship, a non-gamer (some might even say Anti-gamer) can transform and find the inner geek. When I met Krz I was ok with video games and board games. After we'd been dating a few weeks he told me he was going to spend friday night at a friends playing D&D! GASP! Pretty sure he had to pick my jaw up off the floor. He invited me to come with to watch and hang out, my response NO WAY! Well going on 7 years later I now play D&D and paint and am working on building my own WL army and understand (mostly anyway) what the heck he's talking about. Even though ReaperBryan keeps trying to revoke my geek card, I think I've come a long way!

So Mal, don't discount a guy just because he doesn't understand your hobbies. It could be that his only exposure to gamers was that freaky kid in HS who dressed like a vampire and hung upside down from the tree during lunch (true story). So you just need to show him that not all gamers fit the negative stereotype.

My wife's first husband drank. He was famous for coming home wasted on payday minus most of his check.

My wife loves me. She says my bad habits are cheaper. Better for my liver, too.

My hobbies aren't cheap, but I remind my wife regularly: "I could always just watch football instead."

As long as the bills are paid, the wife is very happy.

bane

1. Fatal injury or ruin

2. A cause of harm, ruin, or death

3. A source of persistent annoyance or exasperation

4. A deadly poison.

Pretty much sums it up.

It gets a bit old trying to explain collecting classic arcade machines or what is so interesting about 30 year old video games. Some people just don't understand... Anyhow add that to the miniatures and other hobby games and you get girlbane