Celtos Warrior Musician & Hawk

Anne

Hi, the musician is from Brigade Models, Celtos minis, and the hawk is from Reaper. I was trying to create a reaction to the effect of the sound he was making. My first attempt at painting NMM... the urge to reach for the shiny gold paintpot was great. I have a new found respect for NMM painters (they are crazy I think but in a good way..). Also this is the first mini I have glued using 2 part epoxy and it seems pretty substantial (the rocks are courtesy of local street construction). The kilt pattern is modeled after the MacDonald of the Isles tartan, in honor of my grandma ::): Hope you like it, and any comments/critiques are welcome. Also here is the CMON link if you are in a voting mood... I am Minicreatures there http://www.coolminiornot.com/231288

post-5528-1252533894.jpg

post-5528-1252533910.jpg

post-5528-1252533920.jpg

post-5528-1252533951.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

That is very impressive for a first attempt at NMM.

I really like how clean and crisp everything is, and your composition is really nice, from every angle, a very pleasing scene. Love the overlapping outcroppings.

It's a striking scene. I'm tempted to ask for closer pixs...I want to see if that eagle has a fish in its talons or not ::):

Beautiful

-AW

Wow!

That is very impressive for a first attempt at NMM.

Indeed.

Great scenery as a whole. The mold effects on the rocks and the water colors really sell the mini. The only element that "sticks out" a bit is the brown portion on the hilt. It's a bit flat compared to the rest of the mini. Otherwise it's excellent.

Beautiful piece. Really fantastic.

The NMM is great on his armor, but the sword could be a bit smoother. The bright areas are a little too numerous to be absolutely realistic, too, but it still looks great.

The base, oh, my. What can I say? It is gorgeous, and like awong said, looks perfect from every angle. Do you have any closer closeups of the figure?