Sign in to follow this  
kendrick72

new to game

Welcome to games, and welcome to gaming! You've picked a great game to get into the hobby - fantastic miniatures, excellent rules, and a helpful community of players on the forums here that are all very willing to help out.

Regarding Danithal, he's a pretty capable Warlord. Good defense, good attacks, and he's even got some spells to fling around. His Warlord ability makes the other leaders in his army more accurate with their melee attacks, so it's a good idea to focus on melee oriented leaders. Perhaps Arnise, Meridh, and Raynor would be good options as they are melee oriented and do not already have the Weaponmaster ability.

In the threads above you'll find one focused on Elves and that's a great place to jump in and read up on the faction, ask questions, and post specific questions about all things Elven.

Beyond that, hopefully you can find a player in your area who can help you out playing actual games. Failing that, find a friend who is willing to give it a shot. That's how I got my start, I thought the miniatures were cool, so I bought a pack of minis and the rulebook, and had a friend over and said "hey let's try this!" Loved it from the first game on and have never had an un-fun game.

Welcome to games, and welcome to gaming! You've picked a great game to get into the hobby - fantastic miniatures, excellent rules, and a helpful community of players on the forums here that are all very willing to help out.

Regarding Danithal, he's a pretty capable Warlord. Good defense, good attacks, and he's even got some spells to fling around. His Warlord ability makes the other leaders in his army more accurate with their melee attacks, so it's a good idea to focus on melee oriented leaders. Perhaps Arnise, Meridh, and Raynor would be good options as they are melee oriented and do not already have the Weaponmaster ability.

In the threads above you'll find one focused on Elves and that's a great place to jump in and read up on the faction, ask questions, and post specific questions about all things Elven.

Beyond that, hopefully you can find a player in your area who can help you out playing actual games. Failing that, find a friend who is willing to give it a shot. That's how I got my start, I thought the miniatures were cool, so I bought a pack of minis and the rulebook, and had a friend over and said "hey let's try this!" Loved it from the first game on and have never had an un-fun game.